Caprica

Verran

Who's seen it? I watched it last night. After the first 10 minutes, I was convinced I wasn't watching what I thought I was watching. I thought someone grafted the opening title screen onto a different movie. It was very strange, and I almost stopped watching, but shortly after it started to make sense.

For those that don't know, it's a prequel to the re-imaged BSG series. It's sort of a backdoor-pilot like they did for BSG at the beginning. It takes place on Caprica 58 years before the Cylon war that's featured in the BSG series started. It's supposed to detail how the Cylons were created, and so far it's doing a nice job of it. I enjoyed the 2hr-ish episode and I think they did a great job of introducing the series for the 2010 show start. The characters seem just as well done as in BSG.

It's going to be a lot less space-explosion-y, but it's still got a ton of cool future-tech CGI stuff.

After watching this, it seems pretty obvious now where the Cylons originally got the idea of a "one true God" in their heads. I thought that was cool.

Just finished watching it. It was awesome. And you're right, it really does explain the whole one true god thing. Can't wait for the full series. :)