my AMD turion 6000+ will only OC to 3.54ghz and still runs prety cool,

bmash

ok, so im running a system with 8 fans in it, 2 blowing on my CPU wich runs an average of about 42 degrees celcius, and that seems prety cool to me while OCd to 3.54ghz. Im running a MSI K9A2 platinum MOBO, and all voltages are set to the red area on AOD. Vcore is at 1.4v, and everything is plenty high. i have OC'd my system to 3.6ghz, and it ran for about 5 minutes before crashing, and i watched the temps, and they never rose above 48 celcius, and thats what my core normaly runs when im gaming at 3.5ghz! im wondering why is my system crashing?? could it be my ram?? i dont have any fans blowing directly onto my ram, because there is a huge strang of cords about, 4 inches in diameter blocking any fans from cooling them. so what do u think?

Edited by bmash

Vcore is at 1.4v, and everything is plenty high.

(Please elaborate...)

i have OC'd my system to 3.6ghz, and it ran for about 5 minutes before crashing, and i watched the temps, and they never rose above 48 celcius, and thats what my core normaly runs when im gaming at 3.5ghz!

(Are you using a stess testing program? I.e. (prime95, OCCT)

im wondering why is my system crashing?? could it be my ram?? i dont have any fans blowing directly onto my ram, because there is a huge strang of cords about, 4 inches in diameter blocking any fans from cooling them. so what do u think?

(What kind of ram do you have, what speed is it running at?)

Unfortunately, theres no easy way to answer your questions without knowing as much as possible about your computer. Please list ALL of your components (Proccessor, Motherboard, Ram, Power Supply), and Bios (or AOD) settings.

Edited by aviduser

Uh, SB600 really only restricts OCing on Phenom I processors. Athlons and Phenom II's didn't really suffer too much of a hit. They weren't supposed to suffer at all, but I refuse to believe that SB750 wouldn't provide any boost over SB600. The main thing that made SB750 good for OCing was ACC, which is only for Phenom Is.

ok, so im running a system with 8 fans in it, 2 blowing on my CPU wich runs an average of about 42 degrees celcius, and that seems prety cool to me while OCd to 3.54ghz. Im running a MSI K9A2 platinum MOBO, and all voltages are set to the red area on AOD. Vcore is at 1.4v, and everything is plenty high. i have OC'd my system to 3.6ghz, and it ran for about 5 minutes before crashing, and i watched the temps, and they never rose above 48 celcius, and thats what my core normaly runs when im gaming at 3.5ghz! im wondering why is my system crashing?? could it be my ram?? i dont have any fans blowing directly onto my ram, because there is a huge strang of cords about, 4 inches in diameter blocking any fans from cooling them. so what do u think?

what do you mean all voltages are set to red? did you just select random voltages in the red area of the bios??

umm, once, just to test it, and not the red, but rather the pink area on most, and red on the cpu VDDC, and not in bios, in AOD, its easier to work with for me. and the status moniter said the Vcore is set at 1.51v. i have tested many settings trying to get the system to be stable, like lowering voltates, turning up certain ones, lol.

im running an 800watt power suply, AMD Athlon x2 6000+ Dual-core CPU w/ hypertransport technology. [crossfire] MSI K9A2 pltinum AMD 790FX MOBO. 2gb (2x1gb) ddr2-800 pc6400 corsair ram (running at 862mhz, should i use bios to turn down the ratio of CPU-to-RAM OC when the HT is adjusted?)

im running the HT reference on AOD at 230, wich is 3.45ghz (sry if i said 3.54 before, i got messed up) PCI-E speed at 150mhz, (have tested OC it more with that at 100) the CPU VID is also set to 1.4v, it says the VCore is 1.51v. anything more u need?

Edited by bmash

It doesn't sound like you're running stress tests...that's a surefire way to make it unstable.

with the Ht reference at 230, i have ran a 2 hour test using AOD on my processor, would u recomend longer?