Sign in to follow this  
greengiant912

Star Trek (2009)

And going to see Star Wars when it first came out, the night me and my wife we got engaged :rolleyes:

You're my new hero.

I haven't made up my mind on the movie yet. I want it to be good, I enjoy watching the Original series, but I have my reservations about this new movie.

:withstupid:

i may go see it if it turns out well, but i'm not at all bothered if it flops entirely. i suppose fans will be more concerned considering that as far as i know, up to this point star trek hasn't actually been ruined like star wars has.

::cough cough::: Enterprise was a huge flop. A lot of people say that the earlier movies such as IV: Voyage Home, Generations, Insurrection were kind meh. I enjoyed them both but they are def not my favs. Wrath of Khan, First Contact

I just bought tickets :)

Let us know how it is! But please use spoiler tags if you delve into specifics. I probably won't be seeing it until next week.

Being conceived in '62 and born in the fine year of '63 I was a huge fan of Star Trek (the original). And I've seen all of the Star Trek full feature movies released since then. In fact they are some of the few that I can watch over and over again.

I'm looking forward to the new release. The special affects look out of this world and it appears that it is going to be a pretty action packed flick.

On a weirder note, isn't it strange how many of the neat gadgets and technologies we've seen in Sci-Fi films actually become reality?

I grew up watching re-runs of the original series with Bill Shatner and watched TNG as well. I saw all the movies and liked some and disliked others, especially the one where they bring back a whale.

I haven't decided yet to go see this remake.

I'm going to wait until one of my friends goes to see it. If he likes it then I won't go see it.

Just about every movie he said he liked, I disliked.

I saw it last night at a pre-screening. I don't even like star trek and I thought it was good. Ofc, that could mean die-hard trekkies would hate it....but whatever i liked it :3

Saw it last night. I am not a Trek fan by any stretch of the imagination. I HATE the old Trek movies, but I liked First Contact. Hated Insurrection. This movie, simply put, was AWESOME... why? Because it wasn't like your typical Trek movie (Corny, boring, drawn out, etc). It was funny, full of action, great fighting and special effects, and genuinely enjoyable for Trekkies and non-Trekkies alike. I'd even go see it again if I had the opportunity...

Bottom line. Go see it.

and genuinely enjoyable for Trekkies and non-Trekkies alike.
That's what I've been hearing! :)

I was shocked and pleased to see a great review by our local movie critic. He usually does not typically rate this genre very well versus the artsy sorts so this must be good. Maybe this weekend.

Can't wait till law school finals are over. I'm gonna do a triple feature: Wolverine, Star Trek, and Terminator :D