Star Trek (2009)

greengiant912

TERMINATOR!! :thumbs-up:

I haven't psyched myself up so much for a movie since Gods and Generals (and what a bloody shambles that was), but I am really, really hoping Terminator is good.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait till law school finals are over. I'm gonna do a triple feature: Wolverine, Star Trek, and Terminator :D

Your brain may explode from too much action and excitement.

Alright, it was an interesting night to say the least. I had the first showing and the crowd were indeed Trekies (me included) :lol: Their was a hot girl in an awesome dress uniform from TOS :D

As for the movie - awesome. As lo pointed out, it's not really your typical hardcore star trek film. Don't get me wrong, it's still sci fi but it has much more of an action/drama twist to it. It was MUCH funnier than I ever thought a Trek film or episode would ever be :D ... and it still carries over from TOS with the old catch phrases (gotta admit, I missed quite a few... only got them by the laughing crowd) and the classic TOS character stigmas.... Oh - The red shirt never comes back :P

It is a rebirth... so their are some small differences tech wise (Trekie anyone?). The visuals were stunning... beyond stunning. And the plot was an awesome ride. My only real complaint was that the baddies were pretty... one dimensional. But still an awesome movie.

Questions (spoiler)

Why didn't the Enterprise or any other ship just shoot the stupid drill tether???? They were right next to it and it's not like the bad guys wouldn't have seen three guys jump off a shuttle...

Did pike tell Nero the defense code thing? Earth seemed pretty defenseless... yet he was made admiral so he didn't break?

Not a trekkie so I can't put your perfectionist minds at ease, but for those of who just like going to watch a good movie... and this one was good. Even the girls were excited afterwards! I was quite surprised at how good this turned out. Despite not being a trek fan, it was rather interesting seeing Kirk's history.

Was also cool seeing an extended trailer for the new G.I. Joe movie and a trailer for Transformers 2.

All you need to know is MILF guy/Harold is playing Sulu. What else is there?

Uh.. Simon Pegg as Scotty, Zach Quinto as Spock, Karl Urban as McCoy, Eric Bana as Nero, and Winona Ryder as Spock's mom?

lol =P

Saw this movie last night, and I'm not particularly a Star Trek fan, i enjoyed the orignal movies with Shatner and Nimoy, and I must say this movie simply rocked. I thoroughly have to agree with what Lo said. :lol: a must see, imo.

I enjoyed the movie, and hope they continue on with this cast. I thought everyone did a great job with the roles... the bits of "old series humor" were good to, and should bring a smile to any trekkie's face. -- I don't consider myself to be a trekkie... I've still not seen Nemesis. :lol:

Questions (spoiler)

Why didn't the Enterprise or any other ship just shoot the stupid drill tether???? They were right next to it and it's not like the bad guys wouldn't have seen three guys jump off a shuttle...

Did pike tell Nero the defense code thing? Earth seemed pretty defenseless... yet he was made admiral so he didn't break?

Probably because Nero's ship would have then destroyed Pike's shuttle, and the enterprise. Besides, we wouldn't have seen Sulu go all ninja on a romulan.

I'd say Pike gave Nero the codes to disable the defensive ring, not much he could do with a bug in his head.

I enjoyed it as well, loved the little hints at old school humor, including what happened to the red shirt :-P

There were some flaws in the story, but I am not really dwelling on it. Its bringing the series alive again so there is bound to be some mistakes.

This was a jump start of the franchise and considering it grossed $72million this weekend I can say with some confidence that they will make another one :)

Good stuff so far guys.

My friend has now seen it and said he didn't like it because it was more less an entire movie with humor intended "cheesy" quotes from the other movies.

As I said in my previous post, if he doesn't like a movie, I usually do so I guess its one more of those cases.

I'll look to go see it here in the next week.

Finally got a chance to watch it tonight since the movie came out right smack in the middle of finals for me. It was a fantastic movie. The story and the characters were just great. I really enjoyed how much of a womanizer Kirk was :thumbs-up:

Oh yea, that little earthquake that CA just had? Well I was sitting in the middle of the movie and at first all of us thought that the theater had a really fantastic subwoofer before we realized that it was an earthquake. It was pretty cool.

Oh yea, that little earthquake that CA just had? Well I was sitting in the middle of the movie and at first all of us thought that the theater had a really fantastic subwoofer before we realized that it was an earthquake. It was pretty cool.
lol, that's awesome :lol:

I still need to go see this movie...I was hoping tomorrow, but that seems unlikely now...may have to wait 'til the weekend :(