What's the best Disk Defragmenter?

Great_Gig

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use ultimate defrag, its great, but its not free.

This version of Ultimate Defrag is a Freeware one - seems pretty much the same as the paid version?

Have just tried out Defraggler and had not used it before posting this thread, I have to say I really like it - same company as Ccleaner, which I also like :)

If you haven't tried it, get it here http://www.defraggler.com/ I had not heard of JKDefrag either, will give that a go. I guess there's not a lot wrong with the Microsoft one, but I just like to try things out and see how they work.

Thanks for the replies and tips.

Edited by Great_Gig

I use Diskeeper 2009 Pro on my XP systems. Superb defragger, does everything nicely and without a fuss- even defragging a drive (non-OS) that had only about 6% free space. Back when I used to run Vista on one of the machines, the VSS mode of Diskeeper was quite helpful in preserving restore points.

Used to run PerfectDisk then found Jkdefrag and nothing beats how simple and straight to defragging it is. Though I'll have to check out Defraggler and Auslogics (assuming it's free)

I just use the built in defragger. Why add processes when Windows defrag works fine? Is there any real benefit to an extra program? If it's faster that doesn't really apply to me since i defrag while at work or sleeping :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...

Diskeeper, been using it for 3 years now. It does a way better job than the windows one(which is a stripped down version). With the new versions just let it auto defrag and it'll defrag plus group your files by how often you access them so they run a little faster.

I currently use Ultimate Defrag...the FREE version (hint hint l33t-w1mp)

it's better than the built in defragger in XP and does a better job...and is quicker...

Auslogic is the fastest defragger out...and works just as well...

I have use defraggler too and it is also very nice...