New i7 build and pics

GodlyManDude540

and just for the record that legit review is WAY OFFF. my battery back up with both of these cards running on my i7 with EVERYTHING STOCK is drawing 852Watts at idle. when i play a game it jumps up to almsot 980 lol.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and just for the record that legit review is WAY OFFF. my battery back up with both of these cards running on my i7 with EVERYTHING STOCK is drawing 852Watts at idle. when i play a game it jumps up to almsot 980 lol.

852 sounds like a bit much at idle, even for your system.

even EVGA will tell you those cars pull amost 400 watts a peice. call them and ask if u dont believe me

not idle though, I'm not going to say 800 (for the system) is a fair estimate but 800 idle (or load) with the 2 cards alone is preposterous. was your wattage measurement taken from just the computer or was it from a powerstrip. I remember with my computer folding (video card too), 5.1 audio system, two externals (one with two harddrives and the one enclusure with a single), a home phone charger, printer and my 100 watt 24" monitor I was pulling like 500 watts from the plug. Keep in mind that is after the PSU's inefficiency so the system itself is not actually asking for that much power (and certainly not after you take away the PSU independent drains that I mentioned), if the PSU is a high quality one it will be able to supply power as high as it's rating the system not the power after inefficiency.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Well i didnt mean to start this i was just trying to share my new build

And the places I have looked into and in other forums (I will do sum more looking) but they say that two with my Tagan BZ Series 1300watt is good forthese cards

And I have read sum bad reviews too but I got my other psu same brand and wattage for free and I had no problems with it so i figured why not try it for a new build but idk I guess im wrong

Edited by GodlyManDude540

i dont really understand why this is so hard for you all to understsand. here are the specs on your 1300w psu straight from newegg:

+12V Rails 6

Output +3.3V@26A,+5V@30A,+12V@92A(6 Rails),

-12V@1A,+5VSB@6A

and these are the specs on the PCP&C Tubro-cool 1200 watt psu

+12V Rails Single

Output +3.3V@24A,+5V@30A,+12V@90A,

[email protected],[email protected]

if a GTX295 requires a MINIMUM of 46 Amps what makes you think the 30Amps on the Tagan psu isn't going to hurt those cards??? Dude i already fried one because of a Tagan psu. Any REAL extreme system builder will tell you the best way to go is a big single +12v rail with at least 70 amps on it. Look just go ahead and hook them up and then when you kill them dont make me say I told you so because you're to ignorant to know when someone is trying to help you not "rag" on you. Learn from my mistakes.

and check this out tooo....

http://www.pcpower.com/technology/myths/

Edited by mattwalter85

here are the only four options that are sli certified FOR THE GTX295 IN QUAD-SLI.

The first one is just a 5.25" add in psu to run one card if your psu cant handle both.

The Decathalon and Seventeam one's were hard for me to find which is why i chose the PCP&C one.

I too think this is too much. I tested the other day; The x3 720 along with a GTX260 was taking only 120W at idle, measured with a Kill-A-Watt. I don't see how 4 of these cards(well almost the same) would take 850W.

Maybe you were looking at apparent power? It is not the same thing since the current and voltage sinuso

Edited by The Smith