Hi,

I think I have pretty much decided on one of these. Looked at the OCC reviews and HAF got gold but Sniper only Silver. Ay advice would be greatfull. Thi will be for an uber quad SLI setup.

Thanks...

they both look like great cases, just depends on what you want, i like the HAF932

yea but the HAF 932 is good with black finish painted inside............

I think the HAF would be the better bet. It's bigger to accommodate your SLI setup, and the 3x230mm fans are very quiet. I also think it looks great. :)

I have both a HAF 932 and a snyper. I like both cases, and neither will really do you wrong. The HAF is bigger, and much more accomodating to large GPUs, lots of parts, and lots of fans. lots of fans. or radiators. My GTX 260 doesn't look too big in there at all. I also like how the side panels swing open and shut (not on a hinge, just not the usual slide in place kinda thing). I have a V* in the HAF, and it looks tiny. Like really tiny. It's a lot easier to shut when you route most of your wires behind the mobo tray. Having said that, the HAF is a mad dust magnet. I would reccomend cleaning it out pretty regularly or installing some kind of dust filters. The Snyper isn't as big, but it still fits big GPUs just fine. I have a 9800GTX+ stuck in there now with no issues. The more open parts of the cases are covered with a black mesh, which helps trap dust. This makes the side panel and front panel build up a lot of dust quick though. The light/fan controller on it is kinda stupid, but that's my personal opinion. My Hyper Z600R fits in the Snyper decently, but it definately takes up some space. If you have a lot of hardware, or like a lot of room to work in (i have gorilla hands so I need the space) I would reccomend the HAF. Otherwise, the snyper is pretty awesome. Coolermaster has a new one in the CM line called the scout that looks pretty good too. On a final note, I have 2x120mm, 3x230mm, and 1x140mm fans in my HAF using just the pre drilled mounting holes. The Snyper has 3x200mm, 1x140mm, and 1x120mm in it. So fan wise, I had to buy the same amount of extra fans (2 each) but the HAF only took 2x120mm, which was easier to find than the 200mm and a 120mm. Hope this helps!

Almost forgot - The snyper isn't a whole lot smaller dimensions wise. Inside it doesn't have as much room, but it really isn't much different in overall dimensions. If you have/plan on having a liquid cooling setup the HAF will be much eaiser to deal with. You can mount a 2 fan radiator right on top, without removing the 230mm fan if you use the right screws. The snyper isn't so easy.

Edited by redj41

I have both a HAF 932 and a snyper. I like both cases, and neither will really do you wrong. The HAF is bigger, and much more accomodating to large GPUs, lots of parts, and lots of fans. lots of fans. or radiators. My GTX 260 doesn't look too big in there at all. I also like how the side panels swing open and shut (not on a hinge, just not the usual slide in place kinda thing). I have a V* in the HAF, and it looks tiny. Like really tiny. It's a lot easier to shut when you route most of your wires behind the mobo tray. Having said that, the HAF is a mad dust magnet. I would reccomend cleaning it out pretty regularly or installing some kind of dust filters. The Snyper isn't as big, but it still fits big GPUs just fine. I have a 9800GTX+ stuck in there now with no issues. The more open parts of the cases are covered with a black mesh, which helps trap dust. This makes the side panel and front panel build up a lot of dust quick though. The light/fan controller on it is kinda stupid, but that's my personal opinion. My Hyper Z600R fits in the Snyper decently, but it definately takes up some space. If you have a lot of hardware, or like a lot of room to work in (i have gorilla hands so I need the space) I would reccomend the HAF. Otherwise, the snyper is pretty awesome. Coolermaster has a new one in the CM line called the scout that looks pretty good too. On a final note, I have 2x120mm, 3x230mm, and 1x140mm fans in my HAF using just the pre drilled mounting holes. The Snyper has 3x200mm, 1x140mm, and 1x120mm in it. So fan wise, I had to buy the same amount of extra fans (2 each) but the HAF only took 2x120mm, which was easier to find than the 200mm and a 120mm. Hope this helps!

Almost forgot - The snyper isn't a whole lot smaller dimensions wise. Inside it doesn't have as much room, but it really isn't much different in overall dimensions. If you have/plan on having a liquid cooling setup the HAF will be much eaiser to deal with. You can mount a 2 fan radiator right on top, without removing the 230mm fan if you use the right screws. The snyper isn't so easy.

Thanks, Nice reply.

Paul..

Hey guys..

I also have the same problem. Cannot decide between the two. I like the Sniper since dust is a big problem for me. But I need to setup a water loop. But only a 120mm rad and I only run the loop through the cpu.

Would you think Sniper will be trouble setting the loop? Should I get the HAF? Is it possible to fix a dust filter myself and get the same filtering as in the Sniper? Dust is a big problem for me?

Cheers.

Hey guys..

I also have the same problem. Cannot decide between the two. I like the Sniper since dust is a big problem for me. But I need to setup a water loop. But only a 120mm rad and I only run the loop through the cpu.

Would you think Sniper will be trouble setting the loop? Should I get the HAF? Is it possible to fix a dust filter myself and get the same filtering as in the Sniper? Dust is a big problem for me?

Cheers.

I made filters for my HAF 230mm fans with stockings (not used of course!) will eventually craft up some proper ones but it does the job for now

I made filters for my HAF 230mm fans with stockings (not used of course!) will eventually craft up some proper ones but it does the job for now

Thanks Copie. The incredible dust inflow seems the only major concern about the HAF. Just want to know, the side panel, is the whole thing a mesh/grill? or only where the fan is? is it possible to fit an air conditioner filter there? did you place stocking in the intakes of the bottom also?

Thanks.

Ok if the big problem with the HAF is the dust, I don't see a problem. Yes it collects dust and doesn't have filters but thats not what it's for. High Air Flow, that's the name, high air flow means high dust flow. It's a pro and a con.

Thanks Copie. The incredible dust inflow seems the only major concern about the HAF. Just want to know, the side panel, is the whole thing a mesh/grill? or only where the fan is? is it possible to fit an air conditioner filter there? did you place stocking in the intakes of the bottom also?

Thanks.

Yeah the whole side panel except for the window at the top is mesh you could probably fit a AC filter in there would just need measurements and some way to secure it, i only put stockings on the 230mm intake fans and regular filters on the 120mm i have on the bottom of the case next to the PSU, dust isnt too bad, so long as you keep ontop of it (ie blow it out once a fortnight with a can of air)

Its worth it though, the case is so cool and quiet, and so large, im about to put another 2 hdd's in mine + full watercooling loop in mine and will still have plenty of space. My only quirk is the fact the pci slots are tooless i would perfer to screw in my 295 but thats more just me.