Stupidest Thing You Have Done In Your Life.

Drove my mountain bike into a parked car and put my head through the back window... :rolleyes: I was looking down at the gears on the back wheel cause something was squeeking, next thing I see is the bumper of the car out of the corner of my eye, but it's too late at that point and I'm flying through the back window. I got some nice scars in my face from that...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA! Wendy's fries own all!

Seriously though, as a kid, maybe 13-14 me and my neighborhood friends were trying to kill bugs with a magnifying glass focusing the sun's rays on the critters when I saw a gasoline can in the shed.

Needless to say we almost burned down the neighbor's house and I was grounded for a month.

Don't play with fire.

I was a pyro when I was younger too. lol. Got detained by security for starting a fire in a parking lot once...it was small, contained and far away from any cars though.

Hmmm...I've made a lot of questionable decisions in my life, so it's hard to pin point one.

It'd probably be my skiing accident...where multiple bad decisions led to a nice little hospital visit. If you're interested in the full story:

Went skiing with two of my friends up in Vermont. I learned how to ski from these two friends (plus another) 2 winters prior, but had only gone on the nearby slope in Cortland, NY...and I was never really good...learning from friends probably isn't the best method. On our first trip down the mountain, there was this really narrow slope that was all iced over. 90% of people fell (there were a bunch of people on the ground off to the side. lol). Both my friends fell, but I actually made it thru. One of my friends that fell, Tim, wound up breaking the binding of his ski. We were still 2/3 up the mountain, so my other friend (Jay) and I, skiied down to get someone to pick him up up. We decided we didn't want to wait for him and would instead go back up and try and race down. Well we get up to that narrow icy path and my friend slows down, but I forget about it and went zooming into it. I was never good at carving to slow down, and since it was narrow, that just made it tougher. I made it to the bottom, going lightning fast passing everyone, and then I saw signs up ahead that said double-black diamond straight ahead and blue square to the left. No way I wanted to go to the black diamond going that fast so I tried to cut left to the square...I chose a bad time to do it and wound up hitting a small mound. I went flying in the air, landed directly on my head, doing a cartwheel on my head and sliding down the mountain about 20 feet. When the first guy got to me, I was apparently passed out, but awoke a few seconds later. They got a stretcher for me and rushed me down the mountain. I couldn't move my neck and I was projectile-vomitting...aka. I had a major concussion (concussion #2) and had to be in the hospital for a few days.

the most stupid thing i ever did was fail to appreciate the great things i had in life. i took life for granted, expected things, and when i didn't get the things things i expected, i asked myself "whats wrong with this world?" O' the irony.

the stupidest thing i continue to do, despite being screwed twice by it is tail gating, I totaled my Jeep from following too close in rainy weather and then bent my front hood from hitting a salt spreading truck in my saturn. Yet I still drive close to people who piss me off, I'll never learn.

I don't know what the stupidest thing I've ever done was...

hmmm...

I've done so many stupid things its hard to chose...

Lighting a bridge on fire... next to a fire station... with two entire cans of ether... in the daylight...

(don't even ask... I was a hooligan jackass when I was younger)

That certainly tops the list...

How about driving a 4wd utility 4wheeler at 35-40MPH on pavement and downshift one gear too many?

By the way the result was a completely unintended front wheel dive that came literally inches from causing the 4wheeler to go over center and kill me, oh yea and I had to replace the transmission too...

ermm....

I can't think of anything else atm but I know I've done plenty of other stupid . that I regret...

Lighting a bridge on fire... next to a fire station... with two entire cans of ether... in the daylight...

(don't even ask... I was a hooligan jackass when I was younger)

I'm sorry but I have to ask.

WHY?

I'm sorry but I have to ask.

WHY?

That was like 9 years ago, I can barely tell you why I did the things I did today let alone then...

Most likely because I was bored... and the bridge happened to be on the way to my friends house... and his stepfather happened to have flammable liquid in his garage...

After I moved out of my parents house a few years ago, I had 3 keggers, 3 nights in a row at their house while they were on vacation because I still knew the garage door code....The neighbors called my parents (who were in California) and they called the police. Got into some HUGE trouble there and my parents literally banned me from their house for the rest of the year.

A friend and I played paintball at night without masks. We were in the woods next to house and didn't think we'd ever find each other so we didn't bother with masks. I was standing behind a small pine tree (8 - 10 feet tall) and my friend decides to try his luck and shoots at the tree. It went through all the branches and hit me in the jaw. A couple of inches up and I'd have one eye right now.

Edited by flareback

Stupidest thing I've done almost got me killed... I was riding a jet ski in Saginaw Bay (Lake Huron of the Great Lakes) in about 6-8ft waves. I was going full throttle out into the bay, heading toward a break-water that led to the open Lake Huron. As I was approaching the break-water, a wave trough about 20 feet ahead of me revealed a massive boulder that I was heading straight toward. I pulled a hard right and missed the boulder by less than 2ft... If I'd hit that boulder, I would more than likely be dead as I was pushing 50mph at the time.