Sign in to follow this  
redtigerdragon

YES WE CAN have CHANGE

You called what you're doing a "political statement". I find that ridiculous and hilarious, thus I've exaggerated it into the statements you're now questioning me on (for comedic value). That's all :lol:

Also, FWIW, I call you a coward too. Rather than facing the reality of an imperfect system, you hide from it and don't participate. You've taken your ball and gone home. Would you say that's courageous?

It's commonly asserted that if you don't participate in the system by voting then you're not 'allowed' to whine and moan about it. Whether you agree or not, it's a well accepted school of thought.

Next election Kash should run for Prez, with Verran as VP.

I'd totally vote for them.

Their slogan could be, "Decisions that make sense"

It'd be a first.

You called what you're doing a "political statement". I find that ridiculous and hilarious, thus I've exaggerated it into the statements you're now questioning me on (for comedic value). That's all :lol:

Also, FWIW, I call you a coward too. Rather than facing the reality of an imperfect system, you hide from it and don't participate. You've taken your ball and gone home. Would you say that's courageous?

It's commonly asserted that if you don't participate in the system by voting then you're not 'allowed' to whine and moan about it. Whether you agree or not, it's a well accepted school of thought.

rather than facing the reality of an imperfect system? i face it, i just don't accept it, something you aught to see the difference in since you've tried preaching it.

i don't see any purpose in continuing to argue with you as since you're riduculing me you actually have nothing worthy or relevent to say on the subject. exaggerating my point obviously makes it ridiculous because i didn't say any of those things at all. kash claims i speak like a politician, well i think that's unfair compared to your nonsense.

you relax safe in the knowledge that you're doing your bit, that ignoring dissenting voices is fine if they don't vote because it's "commonly asserted", and that you're not a mindless sheep as you claim others are because you can see through the lies. that's right verran, you're special.

i won't resort to name calling like you children, but i'm willing to bet you don't call people cowards on a daily basis and get away with it. i don't see any reason you've earned the right to call me that based on this discussion, and considering you're a moderator here, making a personal insult is both irresponsible and hypocritical.

i won't resort to name calling like you children, but i'm willing to bet you don't call people cowards on a daily basis and get away with it. i don't see any reason you've earned the right to call me that based on this discussion, and considering you're a moderator here, making a personal insult is both irresponsible and hypocritical.

"i won't resort to name calling like you children" The irony is burning my eyes with hilarity! Wow, that's a really great point you've made there.

As for the moderator comment... Is is safe to extrapolate, based on what you said, that you believe we should be punishing people for using the word 'coward'?! Really?! Thankfully you're not a mod! I have never warned someone for using that word nor would I ever, so clearly I am not a hypocrite for using it myself. This is the Member's Lounge and things are more relaxed here intentionally. If you can't stand the heat, I'd suggest keeping your ridiculous views on voting out of the kitchen.

I've made it very clear what I think of your stance on voting and we haven't broken any new ground in several posts now, so I think I'm done here.

Wow, that's a really great point you've made there.

and exaggerating my statements to the point that they bear no resemblance to what i actually said is making a good point? you really should look up the definition of irony, and hypocrisy while you're at it.

If you can't stand the heat, I'd suggest keeping your ridiculous views on voting out of the kitchen.

I've made it very clear what I think of your stance on voting and we haven't broken any new ground in several posts now, so I think I'm done here.

your stance on what is and isn't a personal insult is also clear. perhaps you don't mind being called a coward for the most pathetic of reasons, but personally i hold my courage in higher regard. you don't know me, and you can't make that judgement based on my views on voting as they do not remotely relate to cowardice. if this is how you judge your politicians then you're no better than those you claim are the problem.

also clear is your intolerance of other peoples beliefs and principals. my outlook on the situation allows for yours to be perfectly valid, whereas you simply condemn mine. i'm glad you aren't in politics.

Edited by psycho_terror

I'd have to agree with Kash and Verran. I'm sorry you are taking so much offense towards the comment, but it is true. If you are unafraid to vote, and have the courage to do so then do it. If you choose not to, not because you are trying to make a statement, but because you give up on the system, then you are even worse than a coward: you are un-patriotic. If you don't want to vote, trade places with someone who lives in a dictatorship, or a country that supposedly votes, but their voices don't count. That would be a perfect place for you. Make your political statement in those countries of not voting, and see how far that gets you. I'm sure those people would love to have their opinion count towards their government.

If you are unafraid to vote, and have the courage to do so then do it. If you choose not to, not because you are trying to make a statement, but because you give up on the system, then you are even worse than a coward: you are un-patriotic.

i love my country and the people in it, in fact i try to love and respect all people. i do not love and respect the political system. if that makes me unpatriotic and a coward then i'm happy to be both.

If you don't want to vote, trade places with someone who lives in a dictatorship, or a country that supposedly votes, but their voices don't count.

why would i want to do that? i like this country for more than the democracy.

if that makes me unpatriotic and a coward then i'm happy to be both.

Then we all agree. Yay!

Damn. You guys really suck at arguing the position instead of the person.

No wonder the political subforum got shot down. :/

Basically, what I just saw was this:

"I think this, and I did this for this reason."

"You're a coward! You're dumb (implied)!" etc.

"wat?"

"I WIN! LOL YOU'RE DUMB"

FFS. <_<