YES WE CAN have CHANGE

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I hear Obama say sounds like Bush. Some of it is almost verbatim. I personally didn't dislike Bush. I did have some issues with him but you will have that with any president. After all Cindy Sheehan is already calling Obama a war monger. That counts for something doesn't it?

It just annoys me how everyone ragged on Bush, but when Obama does the same thing (or even worse in this case), everyone is fine with it. Why isn't this being reported like when Bush did this stuff? Why is it only on small news outlets that no one but those of us who care are watching?

It just annoys me how everyone ragged on Bush, but when Obama does the same thing (or even worse in this case), everyone is fine with it. Why isn't this being reported like when Bush did this stuff? Why is it only on small news outlets that no one but those of us who care are watching?

Simply put LIBERAL MEDIA! They got him elected and they are going to make him look good using President Bush as a scapegoat.

Give it time. As things stand, this is a lousy comparison. Bush had been around eight years! Obama's only been here a few months. People didn't really rag on Bush that much right out of the gates either. This is of course ignoring the hard-core liberals that whined about Bush from day one, but there are plenty of hard-core conservatives whining about Obama since day one too. That goes both ways.

After eight years of crappy Bush policies, yeah people were bashing him pretty good. If you think it somehow implies unfairness that Obama isn't getting that same treatment right off the bat then I think you're missing the big picture. Obama is still new and shiny. The masses haven't had a chance to figure out that all of his 'change we can believe in' is just sunshine being blown up their tailpipes. Give it time.

Obama could end up being the most effective president in US history (not likely) and even then he'd catch endless amounts of crap by the end of his term. With the economy and the war and everything the way it is, it's pretty much impossible for him to win this one. I'm not making excuses for his crappy policies here, I'm just pointing out that people will probably turn on him no matter what happens.

Yeah, you may be right on that one. He could turn the economy around, which is what everyone is hoping for. Then he'd come out as what he was portraying himself as, which would be fine by me. As long as I can get a raise again :P . But this kinda stuff is what annoys me. He did it on the campaign trail too, saying one thing and doing another. But I guess every politician lies...

A politician said one thing and did another?! Please! Hurry! Someone catch me as I faint! :rolleyes:

If you're going to try to pin that Obama you'll just look silly. Every president ever has done that. They lie through their teeth and make promises they can never keep. I don't hold it against them at all, either. It's status quo. I hold it against the idiot voters that aren't willing to do their research and realize the guy is promising the impossible. But voters just want someone to hold them close and tell them it's going to be OK. That's it.

It's a ridiculous cycle where we elect someone, put all our faith in their ridiculous promises and then learn to hate them over their term as they just do the same horrible crap every other president has done. Then we just rinse and repeat.

I couldn't agree more, and I even said that they all lie.I just hate how everyone tried to say he was different, when he isn't. But couldn't agree more. On a way more off topic (cuz it's my topic to highjack :P ), anyone heard any more news about those laser hard drives? I thought they were neat, but haven't seen anything about them since I first heard about them.

They lie through their teeth and make promises they can never keep. I don't hold it against them at all, either. It's status quo. I hold it against the idiot voters that aren't willing to do their research and realize the guy is promising the impossible.

so you voted correctly because you knew obama was promising the impossible, and instead opted to believe in more realistic lies?

i don't see how you can hold it against anyone when you make it pretty clear you have no faith in the system anyway. you can't blame people for trying to choose the lesser of two evils.

you can't blame people for trying to choose the lesser of two evils.

How can you know if something is the lesser of two evils if both evils lie? You don't know what is truth, and therefore cannot judge someone or compare them. Now, if you are saying Obama is different and doesn't lie, then he's not evil (although you may still think he is evil for some other reason, in which case you analogy works).