Sign in to follow this  
AznJoe

Work Station Video Card Choices

I agree. They're comparable to many top PSUs, especially the Silencer 750W series.

hence my sig ;)

i didnt say it was crap i just left it out of the list. if anything those are the very best PSUs on the market.

Well I ended up going with the FirePro V3750 and I returned that Xion PSU and went with the OCZ StealthXStream 700w . I got them in the mail the other day and I have the machine together. I will try to get a thread up tonight with my questions, overall specs and bios settings. I got it up to 4.3Ghz last night but I'm not sure on the stability.Once again, thanks for all the help and feedback! It really helped a lot!

it'll be interesting to see how SolidWorks fares with a FireGL card. I've traditionally used QuadroFX-based cards (usually 500, 1000 or 4000 series) with 3D CAD packages, mainly for compatibility (i.e MasterCam and Autodesk Inventor have been known known to have troubles with ATI drivers).

Edited by Doc[WSU]

I have been using an ATI FireGL V3300 for the passed year on my computer at work and it has been working great! We were using SW 2007 and now we are on 2009 SP3 and I can't even remember the last time I crashed SolidWorks. This new build I have been working on still needs a bit of tweaking but the FirePro seems to work really well. I'll post back when I have it running at optimal performance.

never had driver issues since using Ati cards for the last 2 1/2 years. i only issue i will say is it "use" to lag when selecting a model is wireframe mode but that was maybe 3/10th of a second lag and people complained about it so much. very very pointless.

Hi guys. I would like to upgrade my laptop to work comfortably with Sodidworks. I am currently researching a list of laptops that will fit and fit my budget. I plan to allocate up to $ 1,500 for the purchase of a laptop for Solidworks.

Edited by Antarrox