ATi vs. nVidia

Nerm

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nvidia for me. Ever since they've gotten their act together, their driver support and overall performance has been great. I also prefer the vid card settings software.

I wish I could say the same. After several driver updates for the 8800; they have not fixed the ghost looking images on games and if you have your monitor hooked up via High Definition; good luck with getting the appropiate resolution. Also even if you set it to 720p as soon as you restart it has reverted back to 1080i. Nvidia is aware of this and is working on it. After reading some release notes Nvidia blames the ghosting on purely the Source engine and the BF2142 Engine. So I dunno how they are going to fix this.

Just got a Geforce 7950 from BFG. All the reviews on Newegg say good things. I must say I am rather disappointed. If I knew it would perform the way it does, I would have spent $320 on a different video card.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im glade some people think taht ati is accually doing something good. i bought the hd 2900 and i think it is very good. and now that 7.6 has come out in all my games i have getting more then 20 frames a second higher. some even get up to 160 frames a second. oh fear everything was maxed out and i got 152 max frame rate. wow. i might even bye a second card. :)

Recent results in most benchmarks show that the 2900 (R600) is not all that fast and has a very poor price/performance ratio compared to the 8800GTS.I like AMD and I like NVIDIA lets hope AMD can actually post some competition with the 2600 as the current 8600 are rather disappointing though if u want to buy a great DX10 card i suggest you go for 8800GTS 320MB.