ATi vs. nVidia

Nerm

it only works with the 5900 and 5900SE so you won't be able to do it with your 5600

and also one thing i recommend...don't try a vid card flash if you haven't read alot on it how it works and what the risks are...hell..even i'm scared of doing it...lol that's why i ordered a real 5950 ultra GT :P

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always liked Nvidia, but both Nvidia and ATI make good cards. Right now ATI seems to have the upper hand, but Nvidia will come out with something new then Nvidia will have the upper hand again. Just the way the competetive market works.

Nerm

Well seeing the latest NV40 benchmarks they would come back, but NVidia is saying that you should have atleast a 480 watt powersupply to run the graphics card! Thats outrageous that it should require that much power! (2 molex connectors and they can't be on the same wire) So just because of that I'm going to have to wait and see how the two compare around Christmas time.

Guest Ballz2TheWallz
:P cmon let us enjoy our fav comapanys victory for a little while, technicly you couldnt campare the 5900ultra to a 9800pro but the pro still won :P

NV40 has 16 pipelines. You can't compare it to a card with 8 pipelines (R360)

When the 16 pipeline R420 comes out (X800XT), then you can compare it to NV40 and see which is better.

The 6800 Ultra isn't even available yet. Compare them once they are both available to be purchased, which should be by early to mid May.

Comparing the 6800 Ultra to the 9800 XT is like comparing an Athlon 64 to a Pentium 3.