ATi vs. nVidia

Nerm

Basically what everyone is saying is that Nvidia was the best (hence why my first cards were GF 2mx and GF4mx) then I got a 9600pro now im gettin a 9800pro, and at the minute TAI is the best but we shall see who wins the next battle, with PCI express and all that coming up its sure to be a battle indeed ;):withstupid:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man everybody beatin each other up about which card is better. In my opinion its a very cool thing that we have two companies fighting for our trust (and money ;) ). So in the near future we will just have two extremely badass cards to choose from because both companies are trying so hard to make the better video card. This whole discussion should really be put on halt for like 6 to 8 months when Doom 3 and Half Life 2 come out. We cant really compare the 5950 and 9800XT when both cards completely destroy all games that are out at the moment. We need games that will actually push the cards to thier limits and then we can have this "Ati vs. Nvidia" discussion again.

Edited by BeanerSchnitzel

• 2 weeks later...

I have an ATI Raedon 8500 DV in my desktop and it is an awesome card. The DV is a capture card loaded with all the goodies ATI packs into the All In Wonder Series. I absolutley love this card! I just recently purchased a new laptop P4 3 GHz with an NVIDIA geforce FX Go5200 card and am playing with it currently to see what I can do. Although so far I have to say I am still an ATI fan. I can say that my next purchase will be another new desktop machine when the 64 bit OS's are out on the market, and that it will for sure have an ATI installed.

Me luvs me some ATI!

Edited by WarPig

Man everybody beatin each other up about which card is better. In my opinion its a very cool thing that we have two companies fighting for our trust (and money ;) ). So in the near future we will just have two extremely badass cards to choose from because both companies are trying so hard to make the better video card. This whole discussion should really be put on halt for like 6 to 8 months when Doom 3 and Half Life 2 come out. We cant really compare the 5950 and 9800XT when both cards completely destroy all games that are out at the moment. We need games that will actually push the cards to thier limits and then we can have this "Ati vs. Nvidia" discussion again.

one word: CodeCreatures

We cant really compare the 5950 and 9800XT when both cards completely destroy all games that are out at the moment. We need games that will actually push the cards to thier limits and then we can have this "Ati vs. Nvidia" discussion again.

Games do push the cards to the limits...just try both cards with 8X AA and 8X AF and see which card is better and what your fps is at (crap slow) ;)

Yeah you're right but who needs to run 8x AA and 8x AF all the time? Im just talkin regular style with a semi big resolution. Heh I wish i could run 8x AA and 8x AF but it doesnt run that smooth on my rig. At least not fast enough for intense fragging sessions!

Does anti-aliasing go past 6x?

Edited by BeanerSchnitzel