ATi vs. nVidia

Nerm

hi all i thought i would way in just alittle as if my opinion counts? not!

anyway i choose NVIDIA for a couple of resons!

main reson being overclock ability. granted the first fx generation card 5200-5600 and 5800, were a joke in the performance area and on most cases had little or no head room for overclocking. and the only releason they were released is because ATI was killing them in sales with the 9700 and they had to get a new product to market, big mistake they should have waited. but now the newer cards 5700-5900non U and 5950 are all fare supperior than the first generation fx. run three times cooler and have alot of head room for overclocking.

i currenty hold the top spot in 3Dmark 2003 and AquaMark 3 in the fx 5700 ultra class with a 3dmark 2003 score of 5228 and Aquamark GFX score of 6465! demolishing any ATI 4pipe lined card on the market! my albatron FX 5700 ultra is hitting 740mhz core clock from a stock 475mhz. yes the card is volt modded and water cooled, but before the volt mod the card still clocked 620/1050 ith no mods and stock cooling and still wipped ATI's 4 piped cards.

also ATI cards tend to crap out under higher FSB speeds. that is no good for a seriouse overclocker!

my fx 5700: ther are links to screen shots of clock speeds in this post!

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=251566

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but that only has a 50% chance, if that, plus you need samsung chips, plus you need to know a lot more about what your doing, plus it still costs a little more. i like nvidias better ;)

yes and no. you can still flash and get a performance increase with non samsung memory. My np to pro worked first time and i have infenion memory. Yes you need to know what your doing but where did you get the 50% figure from??

The way I see the situation:

ATI

1)Faster

2)More reliable

3)Cheaper

4)Is the best

BUT!!!

nVIDIA

1)Better software support

That one thing that nVIDIA is better ati is all the reason I need to buy it!Why the hack would I buy R9600PRO if I cannot play 80% of games without downloading some stupid path???You don't know?Well I gonna tell you!Beacouse of those bastard monopolystic companies.

All in all,Radeon rules,but me and lot of other gamers took GeForce.....

hi all i thought i would way in just alittle as if my opinion counts? not!

anyway i choose NVIDIA for a couple of resons!

main reson being overclock ability. granted the first fx generation card 5200-5600 and 5800, were a joke in the performance area and on most cases had little or no head room for overclocking. and the only releason they were released is because ATI was killing them in sales with the 9700 and they had to get a new product to market, big mistake they should have waited. but now the newer cards 5700-5900non U and 5950 are all fare supperior than the first generation fx. run three times cooler and have alot of head room for overclocking.

i currenty hold the top spot in 3Dmark 2003 and AquaMark 3 in the fx 5700 ultra class with a 3dmark 2003 score of 5228 and Aquamark GFX score of 6465! demolishing any ATI 4pipe lined card on the market! my albatron FX 5700 ultra is hitting 740mhz core clock from a stock 475mhz. yes the card is volt modded and water cooled, but before the volt mod the card still clocked 620/1050 ith no mods and stock cooling and still wipped ATI's 4 piped cards.

also ATI cards tend to crap out under higher FSB speeds. that is no good for a seriouse overclocker!

my fx 5700: ther are links to screen shots of clock speeds in this post!

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=251566

Question man. Your ccomparing top of the line cards to a 4 pipelin e 9800 SE or a 9600. thats not really compeating. You want to compare to say a 9700 or a 9800 with 8 pipes. Also your fact about "ATI cards tend to crap out on high FSB" is wrong. 9800 pro 256 under a 300(1200) FSB and not one problem.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still an nVidia fan, but that's because my last ATI card (a 7000) didn't impress me much. Maybe it was just the drivers, but I didn't like the way it stuttered in GTA3.

i have always been a nvidia freebe until i got my 9600xt...and to tell you the truth, i hated my ati when i got my 7000 to, it sucked lol

The 7000 does even support HW T&L, its like using a Rage 128 on steroids. The 7000 is for OEM and desktop purpose, not gaming. About walldow complaining that his post wasn't valued, you can say it wasn't. You can give the 5700 Ultra all the praise you want, but it will not smoke a 9700 Pro, a card with technology 2-3 years older that is coming down in price severly due to the 9800 XT's release.

The 7000 does even support HW T&L, its like using a Rage 128 on steroids. The 7000 is for OEM and desktop purpose, not gaming. Abouty walldow complaining that his post wasn't valued, you can say it wasn't. You can give the 5700 Ultra all the praise you want, but it will not smoke a 9700 Pro, a card with technology 2-3 years older that is coming down in price severly due to the 9800 XT's release.

but uh, it didnt even work when i bought it lol

:withstupid: A defective card doesn't mean it sucks... thats shipping.

lol once again man im not dissing them at all, and i really like ati, crap nvidia, but all im saying is that it didnt work with my system, and i just got the idea that ati was ., see what i mean?

Yeah I know...happens all the time. Giving a product a 2nd chance usually corrects a persons perception of that product.