Kusmariini

My pending computer

Ok Everyone =)

To start, I would like to tell you that I am (yet) a noob =(

But it is going to change soon! I am planning building my own computer but (as I am just a noob) I would need last minute help relating to all the little stuff of the parts, eg. interface. Also note that I am a 3D artist so I wont play alot with the computer ;D

Here are the parts:

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 as Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition as Processor

Samsung Spinpoint F1 500GB as Harddrive

A-DATA Vitesta Extreme Edition 4GB Kit (2x2GB) 1066Mhz DDR2 CL5 as RAM memory

Antec Nine Hundred Two as Case

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit FIN OEM SP1 The 64-bit Vista Home Basic (Finnish Version)

Antec EA 430-EC Earth Watts 430W as Powersupply

LG GH22LP20RBB, 20X DVD+-RW IDE as DVD reader (Sorry bad English)

Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 PCI-E 512MB 2X DVI Graph-Card

Noctua NH-U9B For the Processor which I'm gonna overclock to something like 3.5 - 3.75

Thanks for your advice ;D

- 1 - Intel processors are better for multi-media editing (3-D, music, etc.) so I'd recommend a Quad/I7 ...probably Quad for cheaper price

- 2 - You may need more than 4GB of RAM if you're a 3-D artist... especially if you are using Vista

- 3 - That is an EXTREMELY weak video card, as a 3-D artist you'll probably want something much better than this - ask 3-D Artist forums for their opinion

Sorry I don't know your budget or what's available to you where you live, but those would be my suggestions. I would also go no lower than 500W power supply even though 430W should work.

- 1 - Intel processors are better for multi-media editing (3-D, music, etc.) so I'd recommend a Quad/I7 ...probably Quad for cheaper price

- 2 - You may need more than 4GB of RAM if you're a 3-D artist... especially if you are using Vista

- 3 - That is an EXTREMELY weak video card, as a 3-D artist you'll probably want something much better than this - ask 3-D Artist forums for their opinion

Sorry I don't know your budget or what's available to you where you live, but those would be my suggestions. I would also go no lower than 500W power supply even though 430W should work.

I agree with everything he said. Try for a i7 920 if you can afford it and overclock it, 4870/4890/GTX260/GTX275 would be very good for what you need to be doing and 6gb/12gb of DDR3 1600 depending on budget. I no this sounds like a lot on money but it will last a long time and do 3d editing a lot quicker

Ok, thanks! And becouse of you, one less noob in the world now ;D

and now that you're beyond the rank of noob I welcome you to OCC ;)