2500+ Barton Overcliocking Help

nojustice

Hey everyone, I am trying to overlock my computer from what it is at (2150mhz 3200) to hopfully 2.3ghz. The problem is when I change the freguency thing to 200 it works for a bit, then it resrarts the computer. Im running a A7n8x Deluxe ASUS mobo, with Vantec Aeroflow cpu cooler. How do I make it stable, what setting should be at what?

What kind of RAM do you have, and what speed is it rated for? A little more detail onto the specs of the comp would be nice. Secondly I am worried as to you calling it the frequency "thing" in your post, That may indicate a little more research should be in order before proceeding farther...

To answer the question if as long as you feel confident in your ability not to burn up your comp, I am thinking that you need to move the Vcore up a notch or two, try 1.7V (stock is 1.65) Mind you this will make your CPU produce more heat but the HSF you got should keep it cool just fine.

Ok Basically I want to overclock my computer goal to 2200mhz (3200) how can I do that so it dosnt restart itself (my computer that is)

CPU EXTERNAL FERQ 166MHZ

CPU Multiply 11.0x

System Performance agrresive

CPU Core 1.800V

AGP vddq voltage 2.0v

AGP vdd2 voltage 1.5v

Try this and report back

CPU EXTERNAL FERQ 166MHZ ----------->change to 200

CPU Multiply 11.0x

System Performance agrresive -----------------> change back to normal setting

This is the biggest instablility cause right now

CPU Core 1.800V ----------------------->bring down to 1.725 and check stability and temps

AGP vddq voltage 2.0v

AGP vdd2 voltage 1.5v

You mean folding@home, why just test stability when you can do something productive. Also, playing your fav game (as long as its recent) is a good test too. Hardcore on all your hardware.

About Ocing RAM

Since explaining timings and such takes to long, just google for it or look through some forum threads. There are plenty of articles all over the place and no point in beating a dead horse if someone has explained it all, and well too. I will look for a link to something good, but google and the search button is your best friend right now.