labatt_splatts

Which Linux Distro Do You Use?

I am using Sun VM VirtualBox on this PC and it has Ubuntu on it.. But the last actual Linux Distro I actually used was Red Hat 5.2 :P I think that was 1999/2000-ish..
^ +1

I use VMWorkstation with Open Solaris and

Ubuntu 9

Have toyed with the idea of running Linux with a VM....but can't passed the "why am I doing this" question (besides the whole "just to see it" part)

Eeebuntu is now my main OS since a few weeks, and I love it. As from version 4.0, it is based off of Debian and not Ubuntu anymore.

I'm installing PCLinuxOS right now. Looks promising. Also installing backtrack right after that as a dual boot.

Currently Ubuntu on my laptop, but I'd like to install Gentoo some time. I'm just a lazy couch potato so I haven't "had time" for that yet :D

Guest ajmatson

I am partial to Ubuntu however; on a side note it trips me out when I hear questions about distro's, now don't get me wrong I love the flavors and think everyone should learn Linux as it is the way to go, but true Linux is:

[email protected] $

This is the true power of Linux and not a GUI which is actually not really Linux at all but an application running on top of the Linux OS. Trust me after years of using and administering Linux Server operating systems forget the GUI fancy flash and learn the commands. If you stick with Linux you will need it. :)

:) Learn on.

Edited by ajmatson

When I was starting out I used Slackware, which is very confusing but you learn a lot about the kernel.

But now use Linux Mint - 8 , it's nice when everything just works!