Which Linux Distro Do You Use?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i want to use linus i usually sue SUsE Linux. Xubuntu worked for me, but ive never had a problem with Suse linux. but Mac os X is better. i can fgure out Mac OS X and its technacally part of Unix.

ubuntu

I've used allot of distros's, but ubuntus got about the right mix of stability and bleeding edge required to keep an os popular. It also has a huge userbase and allot of help ready. I don't have the time to fiddle with my computer as much as i used to, otherwise I would probably try going back to source based distros, like slackware.

I've been trying out Ubuntu 8.10 (I know about it's folding reputation) in dual boot as my first foray into Linux and am pretty much happy with it. Having said that, I hit the upgrade to 9.04 button this morning and left for work as it looks like a 2 hour process download and install files.

• 1 month later...
Guest ajmatson
PC Linux 2007 OS....

I like it over the others...the GUI is better and i like that...

+1 this is a really nice distro.

can you play with Ubuntu???

Meh. If you don't want to have to mess around with a bunch of stuff i would stay with windows. Until Linux has SLI and full gaming potential i would stay with windows for that FANTASTIC build you have. You don't want to be underutilizing the money you spent

• 1 month later...

ArchLinux. I really like the whole rolling update distro idea, but I don't think it is configured 100% right. :-( Arch is pretty much like Gentoo with how much configuring you have to do.