All time favourite book

paulktreg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the Hobbit and LOTR books as well. That last book sounds interesting. Anything it is akin to? Does it deviate from the standards (like elves and orcs and such)?

No, nothing standard about it...no elves or orcs or hobbits or anything. It's considered a fantasy novel because it contains magic (called "sympathy"), but that's not the book's focus. Basically, the protagonist, Kvothe, is the stuff of legends. He's presumed to be dead by many, but in actuality he merely went into hiding. Along comes Chronicler, a scribe that wants to write Kvothe's biography. Long story short, Kvothe agrees and the majority of the book is told in first person as Kvothe recalls his life...how he became a famous musician, how he became a famous magician, etc. It's hard to explain without giving too much away. Read the excerpt here and you'll get a sense of the writing style. The story would be great on its own, but I think the writing style makes even better.

All of the Anne Rice Vampire Series

Harry Potter Series

Twilight Series

Alice in Wonderland :-p

Anything by Dean Koontz

Inkheart Series

Julie Garwood's mushy braveheartesque romance novels

Etc etc

Well Clay I bought the book, so far so good. Beginning was a little slow though.

Yeah, it'll pick up more once you meet Chronicler...that's when the "real story" begins.

I've got them seperately but I've been wanting to consolidate them into THIS for awhile...

You have just cost me $58.98!!! Just bought this from Amazon in the US and even with international shipping, it's much cheaper than buying it from Amazon in the UK. They don't stock it new here, but their resellers have it and cheapest Used price is