Sign in to follow this  
paulktreg

All time favourite book

Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice(Vampire Chronicles)

Jurassic Park

The Bear and the Dragon by Tom Clancy(Jack Ryan series of books, ie Patriot Games, Hunt for Red October, ect.)

The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

I always hated reading! Could never sit still and read a book. Untill.....

1) Crime and Punishment

2) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

3) Naked Lunch

All so different, all so great. I liked Sidhartha a lot as well. For the past few years can't get enough Irvine Welsh

The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It was a very good post-apocalyptic novel, there is a movie based on the book, staring Viggo Mortensen, coming out sometime soon, it's still in post production right now.

I really liked Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose

Catch-22 was also a very good book

But as far as favorite book goes I really couldn't tell you, I've read a lot of books, some of which I really liked and well others not so much.

Edited by RimX

Dunno why, I got sucked into the eragon series. I'm waiting for the damn 4th book to come out lol.

Unless I read wrong when Eragon was released, he only had a trilogy planned. Then again, I never bothered reading more than that, I'm not a fan of crappy writing.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

Favorite literary work would definitely be Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare, though.

I'm torn between two. Can't decide:

Non-fiction: The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith

Fiction: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Can't believe you liked that. I had to read it at school this year and it was a real bore for me.

I think there is an unwritten rule that anything you have to read for studies gets most of the fun sucked out of it.

Fiction: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

You know what, that doesn't surprise me in the least. I saw some people talking about it in media recently and actually thought of you. :)

I'm not sure about my favourites at the moment, it needs some more thought.

Unless I read wrong when Eragon was released, he only had a trilogy planned. Then again, I never bothered reading more than that, I'm not a fan of crappy writing.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

Favorite literary work would definitely be Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare, though.

He did have a trilogy planned but the 3rd book was so long that he split it in two. The third was like 750 pages, and the fourth will be about the same. I read frankenstein in 9th grade, really liked it too (yes the one by Mary Shelley).

I liked the Hitchhiker series (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Restaurant at the end of the Universe, etc) by Douglas Adams.

I could never get into Frankenstein, it was too slow in the beginning, But I did like Dracula.

Classics:

The Hobbit + LOTR

War of the Worlds (I've read it three times, more than any other book)

Huck Finn (I don't remember much about it, but I remember loving it)

Recent Gems:

The Name of the Wind - An extremely well-written, unique fantasy book...the first in a trilogy (but unfortunately the only one currently out). I thoroughly recommend it

All books by Vince Flynn (at least all the ones I've read) - he writes political thrillers.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Classics:

The Hobbit + LOTR

Recent Gems:

The Name of the Wind - An extremely well-written, unique fantasy book...the first in a trilogy (but unfortunately the only one currently out). I thoroughly recommend it

Loved the Hobbit and LOTR books as well. That last book sounds interesting. Anything it is akin to? Does it deviate from the standards (like elves and orcs and such)?