Geforce 8800GT SLI [old?]

Hi, i'm new to this forum so...yo! :closedeyes:

I'm having a Geforce 8800 GT like this=

image5c.jpg

i want to do a SLI system with that, but i cant found a card like mine....

Is this normal?

Can i use this kind of 8800 GT?

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/msi_geforce_...rce_8800_gt.jpg

Is this a better a 8800 GT SLI or 9600 GT SLI?

(i'm having only these, so dont tell me other cards.)

Thanks, Child'

It does not matter, as long as you get an 8800GT it will work.

Any speed or manufacturer will work it will scale fine...

(however it is recommended that you stay with a card that has the same amount of memory)

It does not matter, as long as you get an 8800GT it will work.

Any speed or manufacturer will work it will scale fine...

(however it is recommended that you stay with a card that has the same amount of memory)

So i can SLI my 8800 GT and my 9600 GT? its 512 MB too.

Go with the 8800GT. No competition there, and you wont need to mod the BIOS...Just find some card here/OCN/OCbay/fleabay/other-retail-store and stick it in the empty PCIe slot - You do have an nVidia chipset, correct?

Edit: the only difference with those two is the cooler (and possibly a few minute details, but that's not important atm).

As Andrewr said, you want to try and get the same memory amount for both (ugh...bad sentence) - ie: 512+512, 640+640, 320+320, etc. If you don't know the amount of memory in the card, just download and run GPU-Z .

Edited by Error 404

instead of SLI'ing the cards, you should sell the 8800gt you have and get a 260 as they are fairly inexpensive now a days. What resolution are you running?

And why?

I see that 2 x 8800 gt is close to the GX2, and the gx2 is better than the 295x...

And why?

Because a non SLI platform offers a smoother and more consistent frame rate across multiple games. With that said 8800GT SLI isnt bad at all. That was my setup prior to the 4870 512mb then GTX 260 192 I did have. (If you can't find anyone selling an 8800gt I have one here that I'm using for nothing but folding atm. So to a good home I would certainly consider selling.)

Edited by cchalogamer