Top Third-Person Shooters of All-Time

ClayMeow

Click Here for Other Game Ranking Polls

Post your TOP FIVE third-person shooters of all-time, IN ORDER (with #1 being your all-time fave). Be SPECIFIC. Don't list "Resident Eveil Series", tell me which one specifically (or you can of course put all of them, but you'll have to rank them each separately). And remember this is for THIRD-PERSON SHOOTERS only, NOT first-person shooters. In other words, Splinter Cell yes, Half-Life no. A large majority of the gameplay must be in third-person perspective (if the game switches to third-person when you're in a vehicle only, but the rest of the game is in first-person, then that's not a third-person shooter). Shooters are also defined as requiring "TWITCH skills". In other words, your accuracy is dependent on YOU, not on a dice roll (eg. Fallout 3 is not a shooter). I unfortunately let too much slide in the FPS poll...I will be policing this one a lot more, so try and make my job easier. Use Google if you can't remember what a game was classified as.

I will award 5 pts for 1st, 4 pts for 2nd, 3 pts for 3rd, 2 pts for 4th and 1 pt for 5th.

As people add their top five, I will update this initial post, listing all games mentioned from the highest cumulative points down to the lowest.

You may only vote once. If you want to go back and make changes, create a new post and indicate that you're changing your previous one. This will ensure I gather accurate numbers, otherwise I may miss your change.

If I don't update the numbers in this initial post right away, don't worry, I'll get to it eventually.

Max Payne 1

Red Faction 1

Syphon Filter 1

Duke Nukem: Time To Kill

Gunz

(oops apparently Syphon Filter is actually a 3rd person shooter, my bad)

Red Faction is an FPS. Please change.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

WoW

star wars Jedi Knight :Jedi academy

Okay, is this a joke? WoW is an MMORPG. Please change.

1. Metal Gear Solid 1

2. Metal Gear Solid 3

3. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

4. Parasite Eve

5. Syphon Filter 1

Everything I see about Parasite Even says it's an RPG. I've never played the game, so I'll take your word for it if you say it's a shooter, but I'll give you a chance to change it if you indeed made a mistake.

edited

The one you replaced it with is the exact game I used in an example of one that does NOT count. lol.

I'm beginning to think you people don't read what I write in the first post and just assume you know the rules based on the other polls :P