Ok need remaining parts..

TheConqueror

Ya that page with the great deal on the Q9550 doesn't exist on the CA version of dells website. THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

Alright anyway I am now looking for which RAM to choose.... 4GB DDR2 and generally good. Also I would like to know if it would get into the way of a Coolermaster V8 Heatsink

sounds like you could use a 940 x4 ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya but isn't a Phenom II a pretty small cache processor? If its really nice and can beat out a Q9550 then sure by all means if someone could assemble an aproximate system for me it would be great.

And I need good cooling to keep it well..cool, the Coolermaster V8 has a Am2+ bracket but does it cool well enough? It seems to be an amazing cooler from what I have seen, only beat by the True by a couple degrees

Wait since when does Gigabyte make cheapo motherboards? o0 My $80 Gigabyte motherboard can clock just as well as those $300 Asus boards.

Edited by slick2500

There is a combo deal on M4A79 Deluxe + Phenom II 940 + OCZ DDR2 1066 4GB Ram kit (OCZ Reaper). Should I get this combo? There is also an option to have just the M4A79 Deluxe + The processor in a combo, and buy a different RAM. Should I go with the second option? If so which RAM should I buy?

There is a combo deal on M4A79 Deluxe + Phenom II 940 + OCZ DDR2 1066 4GB Ram kit (OCZ Reaper). Should I get this combo? There is also an option to have just the M4A79 Deluxe + The processor in a combo, and buy a different RAM. Should I go with the second option? If so which RAM should I buy?

sounds good to me, is that a 5-5-5-15 set of sticks

No they are 5-5-5-18

What about these patriot vipers? : http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=Sh...cid=RAM.346.754

PS: I also swapped out my motherboard for a Gigabyte UD4P, which is a UD4H just without built in graphics, since it comes out 20$ cheaper and I dont have to worry about them conflicting.

Anyway right now I am looking for good, preferably cheaper RAM. Without rebates please.