Sign in to follow this  
Nekroze

Building new rigg! wont it to be right

Ok, I have only read the first page of replies so this might have been said already but you said you want upgradability and LGA 775 sockets are dead. As in your looking at MAYBE one or two more procs being made for it ever again which is unlikely at that. Go i7 if you want to just do minor upgrades. I would look at Asus's selection or eVGA's as they are my two most trusted (/stress free) brands and both have excellent lineups right now. Seriously look into that then go to newegg and search for kingston ddr3 and have a look at their hyperx series, they are at VERY competitive prices right now.

Edited by Geekspeak411

im getting the idea no one cares any more

now that you've downgraded to the Q9400 I have :P....

I don't really know/care much about water cooling so i can't help you there.

Why DID you downgrade your build?

You are probably better to either:

A: Find more Dough and go i7 with the 295 and WC

B: get rid of the WC downsize from the v10 to a v8 or thermalright and use that spare to look at a i7

C: remove all the UV paint and fans etc, and keep the WC and go i7 possibly downgrade the card to a 275 4850x2

You are probably better to either:

A: Find more Dough and go i7 with the 295 and WC

B: get rid of the WC downsize from the v10 to a v8 or thermalright and use that spare to look at a i7

C: remove all the UV paint and fans etc, and keep the WC and go i7 possibly downgrade the card to a 275 4850x2

calm down there Mr. i7 salesman :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

lol, OK sorry i haven't been on to post recently i have been rather sick.

now i have taken off all of the fans, anyways, the reason i had to downgrade to the 775 was cause it was the only way i could also afford the Water Cooling kit i chose( i have a question how do u get purified water for the water cooling HydraX stuff, without spending HEAPS on a purifier? can u buy it in bottles?) and because an article i posted about a few back has these benchmarks of the CPU that i was getting the AMD PhenomII Quad Core 940 and when they overclocked it(which they had problems achieving) it was only a slight amount better in almost all the tests as the non overclocked 775 chip they had sure it was the TOP quad core for the 775's but the one i chose was like only 2 steps lower. and a tad cheaper for me allowing me to to not only buy the WC but to use it as the website pccasegear.com did not have the compatible AMD2 converter for the GTZ waterblock they only had an Appogee one from the first generations, i checked everywhere and they are not compatible. so i can now use that water cooling. i went with the water cooling cause although the V10 had great reviews on our reviews page other customers expressed a few problems with them. so i thought ima get WC eventually may as well get a basic kit now. oh and i am using pccasegear.com cause i am Australian and newegg dose not ship here. i am gonna go back now and TRY for an i7 but it will cost me an extra like $200 more and i don't think i can free that up. but im gonna try again it seams they got a new PSU that may free up some cash. the CPU thing (to Me) seemed like less of a downgrade as far as i could tell from reviews as if i went with the 775 i could use the water cooling, effectively being able to clock it higher then i could have done the PhenomII with aircooling anyway. i would LOVE to get an i7 in there but im not sure if i can do it without lowering the graphics card which i am in love with. it is a shame the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima Liquid Cooling Kit that i have chosen is sooo dam much $460 bucks. but i am rather sure that swiftech watercooling is worth it. im going now to try see what i can do for an i7 and will post back asap.

if i dropped the water cooling i could get the i7 but what cooling should i get them i was rather intent on the V10 and i think i would then still be able to afford that but im not 100% sure about it anymore and as i am not paying for this PC out of my OWN pocket its being bought for me a large cost piece like that is what i would rather get now, cheaper bits are good for later as i dont have to buy a large amount all in one bound.

i want the water cooling though and but an i7 would be so gnarly i can get a little but extra by changing the HDD but it would have a 12mb cache and not a 32 which sux but how much of a difference is that, however thats only a very small price drop. getting Vantec ION2+ A Series 700W saved me like 60 or so bucks so i switched to that one

AWSOME i got the 920 i7 with a DFI LanParty DK-X58-T3EH6 Motherboard and ram as the Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D 3GB (3x1GB) DDR3

had to change the Graphics card cause i found they now have an OC version that was only like 40 bucks more so Inno3D GeForce GTX 295 Overclocked Edition now.

HDD i got the Samsung 500GB 7200rpm SATA II HD502IJ now, which unfortunately is 140 gigs less and has 16meg cache not a 32 but i think the cache difference wont matter all too much. may change back i am not buying any paints or fans they can come latter, only a UV cold cathode tubes(ac ryan dual) and two extension cables for it cause the invert wont reach where i wont it.

Vantec ION2+ A Series 700W is now the power supply, i was wondering would this setup run on 600w? or would that decrease the stability? also got a 4way molex splitter(just incase i need it, i don't know how many molex are on this PSU) and dropped the anti-static wrist strap, ill just take all the precautions, no socks, no carpet hold onto the case and or PSU as often as possible. and some arctic Cooling MX-2, cause its good.

a 29 piece tool set, cause unfortunately i lost all my tools recently. and a L4M3 asus dvd/cd combo burner. i got that all for $2,786.85. most likely have to put in that 86 bucks myself cause i doubt they will up the limit a tad more. stingy like that. but its worth it.

PLEASE IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE BUILD NOW, HOW CAN I GET IT EITHER BETTER OR WHAT EVER BUT KEEP THE PRICE AROUND THE SAME.

Also two things i REALLY need to know that i mentioned erlier:

Where or How do i get some purified water for my water cooling system. i cant spend heaps on a water purifier.

CAN this system run on a 600w PSU, although i am thinking that at the moment running it on 700w may be pushing it should i try get a 800w?

AWSOME i got the 920 i7 with a DFI LanParty DK-X58-T3EH6 Motherboard and ram as the Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D 3GB (3x1GB) DDR3

had to change the Graphics card cause i found they now have an OC version that was only like 40 bucks more so Inno3D GeForce GTX 295 Overclocked Edition now.

HDD i got the Samsung 500GB 7200rpm SATA II HD502IJ now, which unfortunately is 140 gigs less and has 16meg cache not a 32 but i think the cache difference wont matter all too much. may change back i am not buying any paints or fans they can come latter, only a UV cold cathode tubes(ac ryan dual) and two extension cables for it cause the invert wont reach where i wont it.

Vantec ION2+ A Series 700W is now the power supply, i was wondering would this setup run on 600w? or would that decrease the stability? also got a 4way molex splitter(just incase i need it, i don't know how many molex are on this PSU) and dropped the anti-static wrist strap, ill just take all the precautions, no socks, no carpet hold onto the case and or PSU as often as possible. and some arctic Cooling MX-2, cause its good.

a 29 piece tool set, cause unfortunately i lost all my tools recently. and a L4M3 asus dvd/cd combo burner. i got that all for $2,786.85. most likely have to put in that 86 bucks myself cause i doubt they will up the limit a tad more. stingy like that. but its worth it.

PLEASE IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE BUILD NOW, HOW CAN I GET IT EITHER BETTER OR WHAT EVER BUT KEEP THE PRICE AROUND THE SAME.

Also two things i REALLY need to know that i mentioned erlier:

Where or How do i get some purified water for my water cooling system. i cant spend heaps on a water purifier.

CAN this system run on a 600w PSU, although i am thinking that at the moment running it on 700w may be pushing it should i try get a 800w?

Ive got mine on a Corsair 750w and runs perfect so the vantec will be fine, it has 52amps over the 2 rails which is more then enough for the i7 and 295

You could probably go the Asus p6t SE board and use that 30 bucks saved to go back to the 640gb WD black.

Ok ill check out the asus mobo, ill have to read some reviews comparing them. But i am a fan of the DFI and their overclocking features, plus the board is uv reactive and i had to remove all my other uv stuff for now. So.... :D Thanks

Ok ill check out the asus mobo, ill have to read some reviews comparing them. But i am a fan of the DFI and their overclocking features, plus the board is uv reactive and i had to remove all my other uv stuff for now. So.... :D Thanks

The Asus p6t is a great board, and i was able to get 3.8ghz very stable on air easily enough, and has more then enough features to do your needs.

LMAO i just got my girlfriend to get up a review for the p6t SE mobo, i was looking though it and im like this is GNARLY that's an awesome feature... wait its the delux OC palm mobo.... hunny i love you....

man i so want that palm thing its AWESOME

anyways, I'm liking the p6t SE but I'm not sure still, i still like the extra overclocking stuff from the DFI's though. i like the price more of the p6t SE, obviously. but still im not 100% can anyone support the DFI's overclocking features? or is the p6t SE better

.... I'm going with the p6t SE then, unless someone can confirm i can clock considerably higher or better with that DFI.

thanks with that one its a nice board.

HAVE to get the OC palm edition in the future its awesome, in the end i wont the classified mobo its crazy

PS: Any Thoughts on the Purified Water, its just that HydrX Stuff needs it for the liquid cooling, and if i cant get the water its gonna add an extra $30 bucks about to the price for a 1L bottle, and id rather not ship a 1L Bottle as well as all this stuff.

There is a Samsung HDD here thats a 32meg cache and 750g for 129 buck where the WD Black 640 is 130? is it better then, brand dictates that the WD is better yeh, but its a fair bit more for one dollar less.

Gotta stick with the 500g samsung anyways thoguh forgot that i now need the i7 hold down plate for the GTZ water block, lol that adds like $17 so. i didnt have enough left to make any substancial changes so i got 1UV blue paint bottle, anyone know how far 30ml of acrylic paint can go?

again the main thing i NEED to know is how to get the purified water??????????????

Edited by Nekroze