Sign in to follow this  
Nekroze

Building new rigg! wont it to be right

ok ive been lazy and havent really had the time recently to check up all these sugestions first up i WANT nvidias so sorry on the 4850's but i prefer nvidia, im odd like that some convictions cant be beat. and as i was asking

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz

is that actually faster then my CPU i got listed

being a amd quad core 3ghz?

and at the moment the time i thought that the 280 was a bit better to grab cause one its "supperclocked" what ever credit that gives it and that the arctic gtx 280 cooler goes onto it and made me get thinking that the extra cooling it gives could allow me too boost it higher then something. going over the i7s again anyway but i want to know if and why the i7 is faster if its got 2.66 ghz then the Phenom II quad with 3ghz. im trying to get the webs up but my DSL is going CRAZY disconnecting everywhere.

DFI LanParty DK 790GX-M2RS Motherboard $229.00

Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 $140.00

AMD Phenom II 940 Quad-Core CPU 3ghz $365.00

my current set $734

Intel Core i7 920 2.66ghz $459

ASUS P6T Motherboard $389

Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 $155

suggested set $1003

not sure how thats cheaper or much more powerful as i can get the 8 gig of ddr2 with the savings there. updating soon

can i get any conformation that the ocz ram with the reaper heat sink on it or the dominator coolers will fit underneath the Tec V10 CPU cooler.

is there any for-see-able problems with going to a mATX board instead cause i think ima change my mobo and ram to the ASUS M3N78-VM mATX Motherboard

and OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 2x2GB OCZ2RPR10664GK X2

and im looking at a fan controller but my fans say 12vdc input however the fan controller says it has an output of 5vdc - 11vdc so is that ok to run all six fans still or not? or would it just lower there power? i cant find much on this matter its for the future so right now dosent matter but would very much like to find out. thanks.

Edited by Nekroze

the mATX has all the parts on it i want and it also has the nvidia chipset allowing the rams and such to automatically go to there max frequency, i gotta look into if the Tec v10 will fit on a mATX.

if you must get an nvidia, get a 275 then, the 280/285 are not worth their coin anymore. If I may ask, why nvidia only, do you like regularly spending more than you need to?

i don't know I've always had nvidia's and I've just gotten used to them im not sure about the ati's I've never had one and not sure about if they have a port of physX, yeah i think you get the point its unknown territory for me and currently i only have 1 24" moniter so i don't think having dual cards would matter at this point, unless they work better together when there is two but still on one screen.

but if i get them i got enuf cash to change over to dual 4870's

Edited by Nekroze

ok after looking at a bunch of reviews and such ive decided to drop the 280 and change it to the

Gainward Radeon 4870 X2 Rampage700 GS Goes Like Hell Edition

and to better accommodate everything i got in there I'm going with mobo

Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H Motherboard

with Patriot PC2-8500 2x2GB DDR2 PVS24G8500ELKR2

that keeps my power up and the price still JUST on 2.7k with all the extras including replacement fans, card reader, UV ccfl and stuff.

I'm still on nerve about moving over to ati, as i said its always been nvidia for me, but the 4870x2 is looking good also getting the arctic cooler for it as well.

ok after looking at a bunch of reviews and such ive decided to drop the 280 and change it to the

and to better accommodate everything i got in there I'm going with mobo

Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H Motherboard

with Patriot PC2-8500 2x2GB DDR2 PVS24G8500ELKR2

that keeps my power up and the price still JUST on 2.7k with all the extras including replacement fans, card reader, UV ccfl and stuff.

I'm still on nerve about moving over to ati, as i said its always been nvidia for me, but the 4870x2 is looking good also getting the arctic cooler for it as well.

can you get a 4850x2? they are better than 280s/285s and cheaper

as i said i can afford the 4870x2 so thats what i got up there

as i said i can afford the 4870x2 so thats what i got up there

but the 4850x2 is like 90%+ of the 4870x2, so why spend the extra 20%+ in price for a 10% or less performance increase :blink:. the 4870x2's price is still too high since it's too close to a 295 to not just say screw it and get a 295.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

ive edited my website with what i HOPE is my FINAL settings for this build, from the beginning to now the power of this build and the price has become much more desirable, i thank you all i have learnt a hell of a lot and thanks to every one.

it fits it works this is how i want it.

Edited by Nekroze