Sign in to follow this  
Nekroze

Building new rigg! wont it to be right

what the heck could not get any i7 build down to that price, i am also including the arctic cool for the GTX wich is 90 bucks itself and replacing all the fans with better ones then the case comes with and some UV cold cathods and UV paints and stuff so thats not JUST the core parts and the CPU cooler itself is 200 bucks alone

1 CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler $89.00

1 LITEON 20X SATA DVDRW $29.00

1 CoolerMaster HAF 932 Case $229.00

1 Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 $181.00

1 Intel Core i7 920 $489.00

1 ASUS P6T Motherboard $394.00

1 Corsair TX-850 850W Power Supply $248.00

1 OCZ Behemoth Regulator Mousepad $15.00

1 Palit GeForce GTX 295 $799.00

1 Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB $188.00

Total: $2661

Freight: $100 for regular (give or take)

Granted i could of put higher spec ram in (which i should have but didnt) and can probably go to the deluxe model board as well and will keep you under the 3k mark, but you dont get too many flashy bits (aka new fans and whatnot) but that didnt concern me as much as the haf's standard fans flow well.

Edit: Just built your machine on their page and came to $2318 (what you have listed in your sig)

Edited by Copie

yeh as i said replacing all the fans there is also paints and a few tools and cables i added in, if you go into my Project blog on my website it says the whole shopping list not including prices just click on my sig or just under it and goto the blogs page.

yeh as i said replacing all the fans there is also paints and a few tools and cables i added in, if you go into my Project blog on my website it says the whole shopping list not including prices just click on my sig or just under it and goto the blogs page.

Yeah fair enough its a lot of paint and fans etc though, wouldnt it be more benefitical to get better core parts now then look at painting and new fans etc later on? saves you having to double dip and waste money by re buying video cards etc? But hey its just my opinion.

Also with the gtx 280, you can get a 285 golden sample for cheaper then that evga one your looking at.

cant use that snap on cooler that i got with it though and is it as powerful as the super clocked EVGA considering with the cooler that fits to it it may be clocked higher. anyways its late ima sleep now im tired gnight will be back on tomoz thanks all

Really. I really have to know where you get all your info. Have you actually owned 1 or 2 or 3?

Well now they've finally lowered their prices to the appropriate level for their performance. The 285 is mainly the card I have my beef with now. But if the 285 never debuted I bet the 280 would still trying to get sold at $350+

Yeah fair enough its a lot of paint and fans etc though, wouldnt it be more benefitical to get better core parts now then look at painting and new fans etc later on? saves you having to double dip and waste money by re buying video cards etc? But hey its just my opinion.

Also with the gtx 280, you can get a 285 golden sample for cheaper then that evga one your looking at.

go 275 or 4890 then see if you need any more graphics power. ;)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

if me... ill change the cpu fan to TRUE or custom WC... and go with GTX 260 SLi........ and tagan is a nice PSU brand i heard...

how about

"$2150 Core i7 Gaming Box: created by $$DoLLaZ$$, fixed/updated by kelwynsa8 31/3/09

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz (LGA1366)$449

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe $499

RAM: Kingston DDR3 1333mhz 6GB RAM $149

HDD: Western Digital 640GB 16MB SATAII $103

GPU: Inno3D GTX285 $544

Case: Antec 902 $209

PSU: Corsair HX-620 620W $146

Optical Drive: ASUS 20x BLT-2014 Lightscribe SATA $31

Total: $2130"

direct quote from http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=rmp_sg_whirlpoolpcs_boxes a ausie forum. (all prices from MSY in AUD)

its cheaper and a ton more powerful. btw try a site called staticice.com.au to compare prices on parts in Aus.

Oh and the 850W is Massive Massive overkill.... 650 would run it fine

Edited by alexvision

im pretty happy about this build though, the case i chose is definat i love it.

but the

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz

is that actually faster then my CPU i got listed

being a amd quad core 3ghz?

i know i spend an extra like $200-300 on cooling but i do have a cooling problem at my place so id rather go with that extra "UMPHH".

and at this point I'm happy with the 4g of ram cause I'm buying the same double pack again soon to make it 8 so yeah as i said Ive got future upgrades in mind and am happy with it currently and id rather got a factory super clocked 280 then a inno 285\

the PSU though i will drop thanks for that i was thinking that it may be a bit far eh but would the 650w run my hardware with the next ram upgrade and another 280? cause that's the next things i wanna do so when i get the next 280 will i need a new PSU if i go with the 650 now?

im pretty happy about this build though, the case i chose is definat i love it.

but the

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz

is that actually faster then my CPU i got listed

being a amd quad core 3ghz?

i know i spend an extra like $200-300 on cooling but i do have a cooling problem at my place so id rather go with that extra "UMPHH".

and at this point I'm happy with the 4g of ram cause I'm buying the same double pack again soon to make it 8 so yeah as i said Ive got future upgrades in mind and am happy with it currently and id rather got a factory super clocked 280 then a inno 285\

the PSU though i will drop thanks for that i was thinking that it may be a bit far eh but would the 650w run my hardware with the next ram upgrade and another 280? cause that's the next things i wanna do so when i get the next 280 will i need a new PSU if i go with the 650 now?

For the extra 300 or so bucks to upgrade to the i7 + board + 3 sticks of ram it is worth it, i havent tried the new AMD chips, but from what i have read is that the i7 stomps all over the current AMD's. Why are you so cracked onto getting a 280? the 275 pccasegear currently stocks has a very good looking cooling system, and its also 100 bucks cheaper and is very similar/better performance. Or they have the 285 xfx black edition for 689 so 10 bucks more.

For the extra 300 or so bucks to upgrade to the i7 + board + 3 sticks of ram it is worth it, i havent tried the new AMD chips, but from what i have read is that the i7 stomps all over the current AMD's. Why are you so cracked onto getting a 280? the 275 pccasegear currently stocks has a very good looking cooling system, and its also 100 bucks cheaper and is very similar/better performance. Or they have the 285 xfx black edition for 689 so 10 bucks more.

I agree the 285 is stupid, get the 4850x2 or 275