Sign in to follow this  
Nekroze

Building new rigg! wont it to be right

ok but if the motherboard says ddr3 and nothing about ddr2 can it still run the ddr2? :ph34r:

problem with new egg is i dont know where it is and i cant afford or even want to afford long distance postage cause im australian :unsure: so im using pccasegear.com cause its aussie

and the western digital hdd it just says caviar black, and if you dont mind the asking why not ddr3?

Im in Australia as well, your better off with the i7 920 as its 100 bucks cheaper then the chip you are looking at, then use something like a Asus p6t deluxe (or standard if your on budget) 3x2gb corsair or ocz ram. You will find with PC case gear they are very good i have just purchased an i7 through them (should be here tomorrow). Then you can use a coolermaster v8 cooler or something along those lines.

sorry all i didnt notice that the topic had hit page to and added stuff to my last reply so ill repost the addition here

and with my choice of GPUs? i got a (what i beleive to be) difficult question.

between the Gainward GTX260+ 1792MB Golden Sample Edition and the EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked

the EVGA has a memory speed of 2106mhz but only 896mb of onboad ddr3 memory and a core clockspeed at 626mhz and a bandwidth of 117.93 Gb/sec

were as the Gainward has a memory speed of 999mhz but 1793 of drr3 onboard memory witha core clockspeed of 585mhz and a bandwidth of 111.9 Gb/sec

the price difference is 3 bucks more on the EVGA compaired to the Gainward but i was wondering if the gainward has more memory would it be worth getting that instead and overclocking i to get close to the EVGA

or should i go with the EVGA and if yes then shoudl i clock the EVGA and to what considering i am also getting the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme GTX 280 witch fits onto the 260's?

and my other question still stands why not ddr3?

and the AMD Phenom II 940 Quad-Core CPU is $372 Intel Core i7 920 is $459.00 so im going with the AMD Phenom II 940 Quad-Core CPU and the ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard

sorry all i didnt notice that the topic had hit page to and added stuff to my last reply so ill repost the addition here

and with my choice of GPUs? i got a (what i beleive to be) difficult question.

between the Gainward GTX260+ 1792MB Golden Sample Edition and the EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked

the EVGA has a memory speed of 2106mhz but only 896mb of onboad ddr3 memory and a core clockspeed at 626mhz and a bandwidth of 117.93 Gb/sec

were as the Gainward has a memory speed of 999mhz but 1793 of drr3 onboard memory witha core clockspeed of 585mhz and a bandwidth of 111.9 Gb/sec

the price difference is 3 bucks more on the EVGA compaired to the Gainward but i was wondering if the gainward has more memory would it be worth getting that instead and overclocking i to get close to the EVGA

or should i go with the EVGA and if yes then shoudl i clock the EVGA and to what considering i am also getting the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme GTX 280 witch fits onto the 260's?

and my other question still stands why not ddr3?

and the AMD Phenom II 940 Quad-Core CPU is $372 Intel Core i7 920 is $459.00 so im going with the AMD Phenom II 940 Quad-Core CPU and the ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard

get a 790gx board which is a ddr2 board, you cannot run ddr3 on a ddr2 board. You will save yourself more money as the only reason to buy ddr3 is if you are forced to with an i7 build.

I guess go with he evga since it's stronger and only 3 dollars more.

i had a type there on the price difference its actually 30 bucks but still not much anyway

k ima look for the board 790gx will update soon.

i had a type there on the price difference its actually 30 bucks but still not much anyway

k ima look for the board 790gx will update soon.

I usually get the cheapest card of a certain type I can and then just bios flash it to that manufacturer's highest version then clock from there. You think my BFG OCX is a real OCX? ;)

It's up to you whether you want to fork out the extra 30 bucks, but I think the Gainward should overclock up to the superclocked EVGA with ease and then some so I'd get that (since it's not the 3 dollar difference I thought it was)

I may be wrong here, and someone please correct me if so, but isn't the Phenom II 940 an AM2+ chip? So won't it not work with those AM3 boards... ?

I may be wrong here, and someone please correct me if so, but isn't the Phenom II 940 an AM2+ chip? So won't it not work with those AM3 boards... ?

that dfi board is an AM2+ board (and yes it's probably a good one) Though if you aren't sure, look up and see if it was ever reviewed anywhere, is that the cheapest 790GX, around here the Biostar is the cheapest. Again whichever fits your budget, go and see what you can find out about it :thumbs-up:

DFI LanParty DK 790GX-M2RS Motherboard had phenom listed as CPU that s supported

lol yeah, that board will work, it looks like a nice ddr2 system. Now do some research on it!.... <_<

ok all parts have been decided upon and are now listed in my signature so thanks to everyone soo much yall been VERY helpful, hope at one point or another i can return the favour