Building new rigg! wont it to be right

Nekroze

hey would it be much worth getting a veloci raptor 150G HDD and getting the Western Digital blue 500g hdd as a secondary rather then the single black 640 i got? are the veloci raptor hdds as fast as they sound?

:EDIT: I'm still awaiting the rest of the cash for this build so nothing has been bought yet so don't worry I'm not buying more stuffs on top of the a fore mentioned parts

Edited by Nekroze

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey would it be much worth getting a veloci raptor 150G HDD and getting the Western Digital blue 500g hdd as a secondary rather then the single black 640 i got? are the veloci raptor hdds as fast as they sound?

:EDIT: I'm still awaiting the rest of the cash for this build so nothing has been bought yet so don't worry I'm not buying more stuffs on top of the a fore mentioned parts

the 640 would likely be as fast as the Veloci and much better on the wallet, if you want a 150 and a 500gb, then get a 750gb :P Veloci's aren't worth it. take it from me

ok ok then another idea, so keeping with the Western Digital Caviar black 640Gb WD6401AALS and no veloci BUT what about a good soundblaster fatal1ty card? or would it be a good thing to go for water cooling? keep in mind i already got like 300 to 400 bucks on cooling already, would it be better to go water?

so if the veloci aren't as good as they seem then whats the hype on them why is it such a selling point the 10,000 RPM? i mean if they just aren't faster then whats the point of making them at all? or whats the point in making them so much more?

anyways would the 850w PSU i got there still run all i got and a GTX280 instead of a 260 cause I'm gonna get that instead now that i can afford it?

Edited by Nekroze

so if the veloci aren't as good as they seem then whats the hype on them why is it such a selling point the 10,000 RPM? i mean if they just aren't faster then whats the point of making them at all? or whats the point in making them so much more?

anyways would the 850w PSU i got there still run all i got and a GTX280 instead of a 260 cause I'm gonna get that instead now that i can afford it?

don't get a 280, get a 275 or a 4890. 280s are overpriced

1: oh thanks for the noob thing i was gonna get one LMAO

2: pricing isn't an issue i get my PCs government founded so, i ask i get within a reasonable enough price range.

well i promised that id try keep it on $2,700 and its at like $2,689 atm but i can max at like 2.9k but id rather not push it with them

Your getting it from Pc case gear yeah?

i got a i7 920, p6t, 6gb of ocz ram, gtx 295, corsair 850w, haf 932, 1tb WD black, cm v8 for 2900 including freight from them.