Poor Cheiftec Dragon

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andrew. and thanks bishop. Ill get you guys some pictures as soon as I get the camara back.

Just one small note I must add. I RE-broke the door and had to fix it again. this time I used larger Bolts and Grinded the threads down where its spose to move. then I turned around and Ultra super mega giga glued the crap out of them...... If this doesn't hold its because the front panel Broke.

Edited by boinker

OK. You guys asked for it. Still waiting on enough money to buy a hole saw for the 120mm fans. the only reason I want to do it that way is I am about dislecsec when it comes to a free hand dremal tool. (see photos of cut fan holes)

Here is the side veiw of the new fan positions

DSCF0523.jpg

Front with the cover on.

DSCF0521.jpg

with front cover open.

DSCF0522.jpg

front panel removed.

DSCF0520.jpg

Everything is coming along well. here is one about how it used to look.

DSCF0455.jpg

Edited by boinker

Thanks Bishop. I was checking with steves and they have a 4.75 inch holesaw and the arbor I need for about 40 bucks. I am just not sure I want to spend that much money on a one off tool. but I think about it more and I may be doing alot more modding later on in life. :lol:

OK. sense I have held out this long on you guys. Here are the new pics.

Here is the photo of the Top fan holes and there mounting. I seem to be getting better at making the holes. remember, Measure twice cut once.

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg

Now for the bottom fans. (overglorified GPU coolers :lol:)

DSCF0581.jpg

As for now I am going to cancel the eay transport part.... In all reality I truely need to decide if I want to make it radio controlled or not so the stock "feet" will stay affized for now.

the fan you are refering too is going to not only vent the psu but the air trapped in that general area. Yes its going to be an exhaust and yes it will be a high cfm fan.

Thanks for the buzz guys. I appreciate it.

looks good hope the hole saws worked well since the 4" seemed a bit beat up i wasn't sure how well it would do and if you find you need a place to work on the mod just let me know i can stay in town and you can come to the shop to work on it. :D

Speaking of that hole saw. I dont know if you got the E-mail yet but the holesaw I received basically cut roughly a milimeter and became a polisher. I then went to steves and purchased both sizes I needed. they work good now. The only trouble with the 4 inch is its a pain to hang onto and if you dont go slow the case or YOU are in for a ride. (that or the drill finds a tender spot). Things are actually improving at the dealership and not only am I working on my pop's truck but they are begging me to work on more then I already have. So right now I am busy. WOOHOO. Bad for the modding though....... :(

Bishop: call me one day. maybe a moding and building Night is overdue? I need to build the comp for my girl, or at least complete it. :D

Also, Do you want the 4 1/2 holesaw in the trash or at the shop? that thing will not cut aluminum (went through two batteries attempting).