Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

Looking for a Mini laptop

I am looking for a mini laptop, like an EeePC or the HP one. I am wondering if anyone has any experiences with these types of laptops. Newegg has them listed as Netbooks.

I am wondering if these can run Divx movies. After looking though, I am not sure if I want SSD or a normal HD. ( I will be using external storage to watch movies)

I am taking this over to the sandbox, so I hope it will be durable.

I would post some links, but I am in a netcafe and internet explorer is giving me a huge headache.

I am also looking to take some college classes, and I am wondering how the keyboard is to write essays.

Also, I want to know the extent of gaming on the laptop. I am not expecting to play any recent game, but i would like to play Diablo 2 when i am extremely bored.

Thanks for any help on this, I wont be able to check this topic for a week or so. But, it will get checked.

It might be useful to know that later this year, there should be netbooks using the Ion platform from NVIDIA, that is an Intel Atom coupled with a 9400M instead of the usual GMA950. :)

There is also a 12.1" HP coming, equipped with an Athlon Neo and ATI graphics.

I don't have any date about these, though. :(

If your not in a big rush to get one. I would suggesting waiting until Nvidia Ion netbooks come out for sale. They said they would have about $50 higher price than current netbooks, but they have a much more graphical power than all the current netbooks.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sff_ion.html

Nvidia Ion Features:

* Premium Windows experience

* Premium DirectX 10 graphics with advanced digital display connectivity

* NVIDIA