Sign in to follow this  
panjang110

portable Mp3 player

hey guys, i was going to buy this the music quality is just superb :lol: , but can you guys give me some thought on other player? before i buy it :blink: i am looking for a super portable player ( thumbdrive size ) with great sound. and also with reasonable price

hey guys, i was going to buy this the music quality is just superb :lol: , but can you guys give me some thought on other player? before i buy it :blink: i am looking for a super portable player ( thumbdrive size ) with great sound. and also with reasonable price

Apple Or Creative

super portable player ( thumbdrive size ) with great sound

iRiver and iAudio tend to have the highest quality sound, and both offer flash-based compact players...

well i've tried apple but it seems that they are more to style rather than sound quality as for creative i'm still blank cause i've never get a chance to try one. still the only model available that suites me is MuVo and that thing doesn't look like it have any sound enchancements from what i've read. i guess that only leaves me with sony, or maybe i should forget portable and get creative zen x-fi :blink:

iRiver and iAudio tend to have the highest quality sound, and both offer flash-based compact players...

hey i forgot that brand it's been a long time since i've heard those, thanks man for the qoute. now i got more option :lol:

I've been using an 8GB Zune for several months and I'm pleased with it. The UI is intuitive, it supports sync via 802.11b/g or USB and it isn't vigilant with DRM. I've never been able to get the Zune software to install in XP-64, but it works like a champ in Vista 64.

one more to the pile...

I had Ipods for years, but decided to try looking around. I found a forum like this one, but solely for audio and most people there recommended the Sansa Fuze. It has superb sound, EQ presets as well as a manual EQ; FM tuner that works VERY well (I listen to a lot of NPR); a voice recorder and full color video and photos. The one I bought has 4gb memory, but also can SanDisc flash cards, so you are really not limited to the hardrive. It's not as finicky when it comes to file types or configurations as the Ipod - I found the Ipod would sometimes refuse to properly load certain Cds that I had ripped.

Anyhow, I have been using mine for music and Audiobooks for about six months & I love it. It was also only $50 when combined with a sale and coupon at Office Max

If you want really small, the Sansa clip is the size of a book of matches and also good high marks for sound quality.

Edited by loser12

i'm not the best on sound quality (my ears are shot from years of drumming) but I do like my Creative Zen. I have the 32GB version because it holds all my music, but the 4GB looks like it could be to your liking. Plus it's pretty darn small (not flash drive size, but very small compared to others) and it's light enough that if and when I drop it, it can't even pull the headphones out.

Edited by Turophiliac

If I were to buy right now I would get the zen xfi, I'm a creative guy (currently have a vision m and vision w and they rock)