this is what i call Folding!!!

mattwalter85

well i shut the other 6 down and im just running 2 smp's now but the cpu usage is only 27 percent. i thought the whole purpose of folding was to use our cpu's unused processing power? if i have an i7 and 2 smp's are only utilizing 27 percent isn't that kinda a waste?

well i shut the other 6 down and im just running 2 smp's now but the cpu usage is only 27 percent. i thought the whole purpose of folding was to use our cpu's unused processing power? if i have an i7 and 2 smp's are only utilizing 27 percent isn't that kinda a waste?

As I said in my other post use the smp flag to get smp WUS...

You should be running the SMPs in Linux too. Windows SMP sucks! Either set up native Linux and use WINE to run your 4 GPU clients. Or at least use VMWare to run Linux and some SMP clients.

Time to start reading some guides then. Go to Stanford's site and look at their guides as a start. Then start browsing Google for more in-depth guides. It takes a lot of work to get a good Folding rig running right.

lol i dont know how to do all of that stuff. if i knew how i would lol

If you want, I made a guide in the Folding section for Folding under VMWare. If you decide to go there, feel free to ask me any questions.