ATi Radeon HD 5850 & 5870...

MrAlex

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a concept design, that there is 1 main core and 4 'slaves'

Catalyst 10 with the release of 5XXX series :)

Catalyst 8 = 2008

Catalyst 9 = 2009

Catalyst 8.1 = 2008, January

Catalyst 9.1 = 2009, January

etc.

Catalyst 10 will come in 2010 of January.

Catalyst 10 with the release of 5XXX series :)

You understand that the current '9' series is named that way because it's 2009? 9.01 is Jan/2009. 9.02 is Feb/2009. Thus, Catalyst 10 would mean a new year, not a new driver model.

EDIT###

Meh, that's what happens when you leave a reply tab open for a long time. Not only are you beaten to it, but you're beaten BIG TIME :P

Catalyst 8 = 2008

Catalyst 9 = 2009

Catalyst 8.1 = 2008, January

Catalyst 9.1 = 2009, January

etc.

Catalyst 10 will come in 2010 of January.

This. :lol:

I hope the 5870 has those specs AND is as short as the picture, finally videocards wont be ridiculous anymore and I'll actually be able to reach my SATA ports :rolleyes:

Oh, I only can hope!!

Ha ha, Crysis at 150FPS.

I'd say Q4 2009/Q1 2010.

Let us just hope CPUs don't bottleneck these babies.

Catalyst 10 anyone?

I predict the catalyst 10 drivers will come out in January 2010. Don't ask how I know, it is "magic." :D

Edit: I should have clicked page 2 of this thread before replying. It appears other people know of this magic. :D

Edited by CheeseMan42

:|

I said 'Catalyst 10' as in, it will be released with the cards, because that's what ATi usually do.

They're not going to delay the drivers 1 month so that they can just release it in 2010. How stupid would that be?

Edited by MrAlex

I said 'Catalyst 10' as in, it will be released with the cards, because that's what ATi usually do.

They're not going to delay the drivers 1 month so that they can just release it in 2010. How stupid would that be?

What are you talking about?

The driver number has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than when it was released. If they release a new driver with the cards they'll date it as normal. Catalyst 10.1 will come out in January of '10 regardless of when the cards are released. If they release the drivers in December of '09 they'll be the 9.12s.

Edited by Waco

That doesn't make any sense.

ATI doesn't change their driver numbers when they launch new cards. ATI could launch the 5xxx series AND 6xxx series this year and their drivers would still be 9.x because the year is 2009.

Catalyst 10 will launch in January 2010.