*Possible Build*

MrAlex

ya I have that set but I have the old copper pipe ones, still probably great ram.

I read on the OCZ website that all coppers got updated to nickel so its the same RAM under the hood,still great ram i can definitely justify the money for it...

I read on the OCZ website that all coppers got updated to nickel so its the same RAM under the hood,still great ram i can definitely justify the money for it...

hmm same with the platinum's?

Your build looks solid. I think it would be wise to go AM3 now, or instead you can get the AM2+ build and save the money until the nice things ACTUALLY come out. We don't even know for sure if the new phenom will be good, it might fail as hard as the first phenoms.

Your build looks solid. I think it would be wise to go AM3 now, or instead you can get the AM2+ build and save the money until the nice things ACTUALLY come out. We don't even know for sure if the new phenom will be good, it might fail as hard as the first phenoms.

but the beauty of the backwards compatibility of the AM3 chips is that you don't have to blow money on DDR3 :thumbs-up: . I mean a 920 i7 is a good bargain in itself but the memory and motherboard kill the deal.

I personally think that the Phenom 955, or the ones after that will no longer have backwards compatibility

that sucks, that was probably what made the 720 so awesome, i don't know why they'd change that

hmm same with the platinum's?

OCZ is currently transitioning to a new Reaper HPC heatsink. As of October 2008 the new versions have shipped out and are currently in the retail channel. These improved copper heatpipes are now nickel-plated for durability and corrosion resistance. Please visit our support forums here for more information.

I dont know about the platinums,maybe i will get some and open them and compare side to side.The reapers seem to offer a bit more voltage covered in the warranty than platinums,could this be because of the better heatsink?

I dont know about the platinums,maybe i will get some and open them and compare side to side.The reapers seem to offer a bit more voltage covered in the warranty than platinums,could this be because of the better heatsink?

I guarantee they are the same chips underneath the hood but like you said, it comes down to which warranty you want. I don't think th heatsinks are all that necessary since memory overclocking isn't that necessary, plus I've never gotten held back on ram overclocking from heat (referring to an old set of the pink corsairs with the small heatsink slabs) As long as the speed and timings are decent, that's all that matters