27. have fun

28. finish the game

29 put the game away

30. repeat

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look guys, I'm just an introverted neuroscientist nerd/geek that loves to build high-end PC's. I am more akin to a "social Albatross" than a "social Butterfly". So yes, I make many social blunders... And I'm constantly having to back-track my way out of them... Constantly, on damage control! None the less, I;m proud of who I am, I just wish I had more 0f the "human graces". Sorry, for all the instigation I create :blush:

Look guys, I'm just an introverted neuroscientist nerd/geek that loves to build high-end PC's. I am more akin to a "social Albatross" than a "social Butterfly". So yes, I make many social blunders... And I'm constantly having to back-track my way out of them... Constantly, on damage control! None the less, I;m proud of who I am, I just wish I had more 0f the "human graces". Sorry, for all the instigation I create :blush:

You don't have to keep apologizing. You made a mistake, everyone does. Your sorry, it's good now. People aren't being mean, it's just like Verran said, play the game. If this is your first one, chances are you are going to die, and quite often. I know the first time I played Halo i was horrible. And it was multiplayer, and my friends were being nice. Usually the first level will be some kind of tutorial, but if not, who cares. Just play and have fun. No one here will judge you if you can't beat the game in one fell swoop. Just play, you'll get it (even my mom can game, so I have faith you can with your degree and all :D ).

If you actually have never played a video game before then start off easy.

Don't go out and buy the latest and greatest game, start off easy like I said, try older or simpler games to get the gist of gaming.

We're all taking for granted that we've grown up using computers for work and play.

My father is into computers (or at least he used to be, he got ME into computers) and he probably can't do much more than play pong or solitaire with the mouse.

It takes some time to get used to intricately controlling in game items with the mouse...

It might sound foolish but try some kid games or simple flash games (addictinggames.com) to get the hang of it.

And don't forget if you find that you aren't good at a certain type of game just try another.

Shooting- 1st person and 3rd person...

Fighting- boxing and more unrealistic arcade style games and others

Racing- onroad... offroad... on water... in water... in the air...

Sports- everything you can think of...

Simulation- racing, flying, boating and others

Puzzle games- a lot of different things

Actiony games- a bunch of things

Adventure games- err... I can't think of anything but they're there

There are games for just about everyone...

I usually install it and just play... maybe make a pit stop by the game settings to see what the controls are. If the game provides enough challenge I might even read the instructions or pick up a 3rd party strategy guide.

Trial and error... the same way I've learned most things through life.

Will I get a "Keyboard" or some "SETTINGS Menu" ? I'm totally clueless :withstupid:

No...rpg's are more like....rpg's lol. Action/adventure games are a genre of their own.

Yeah, you're right

:withstupid:

I guess a good action game would be like Prince of Persia? or is that still RPG?

But I digress. HL2 would be a good starting place for modern games. But I think he said that he already had some games to try, like FC2?