1st Blu-Ray movie

InCrYsIs

the best visually stunning movie would be "The Fall", great movie on dvd even better Dolby TrueHD mix (that's if you have surround sound..and why wouldn't you with blu-ray).

Bottom line: Regular DVD's Upconverted onto a 1080p 5ms or better set look just as good as Blu-Ray, by a hare! :)

Edit: Get Terminator 3 or Starship Troopers...

Hope you have 20/ 20 vision or better or contacts or eyeglasses... It's that good!!! :blink:

i would have to say no.. on a computer monitor yes on a nice plasma or LCD a big no. also HD (for all formats) isn't just about the resolution but more on the fact that blu-ray has PCM 5.1 standard on all disc :). makes a huge difference because sound can make or break a movie.

Edited by hornybluecow

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line: Regular DVD's Upconverted onto a 1080p 5ms or better set look just as good as Blu-Ray, by a hare! :)

I couldn't disagree with this more. Even the worst Blu-ray (which is a toss up between Punisher and Hitch btw) or HD DVD discs look better and more importantly sound better than the best DVDs. If you're watching your BD's on a small display or sitting too far from the screen there isn't much difference, but when you're projecting an eleven foot wide image, believe me, there's a huge difference.

For me, I find the sound more important than the video. The difference is truly miraculous. The video's nice...but you get used to pretty pictures a lot faster than really dynamic sound.

As for the best discs, I'd recommend popping over to the AVS forum. They keep a running list of the best video/audio quality discs in the Blu-ray software section (not the review section). Recently, Ralph, their disc reviewer gave Bolt 100/100 for audio and video. Ralph's been reviewing the technical aspects of DVDs for a lot of years (he was a mainstay at Home Theater Spot in it's heyday). So, I'd trust his opinion....but I really don't have any interest in seeing Bolt.

Off topic...

The 5th Element had the potential to be an absolutely epic movie, but Chris Tucker ruined the movie.

I guess it was more his role, that the plot injects such a thing into an otherwise AWESOME movie always pissed me off...

Off topic...

The 5th Element had the potential to be an absolutely epic movie, but Chris Tucker ruined the movie.

I guess it was more his role, that the plot injects such a thing into an otherwise AWESOME movie always pissed me off...

I would have to agree with the Chris Tucker role but he is stupid in every movie so I come to expect it and try not to let it ruin a good movie.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Shiite, Luc Be sson used Chris Tucker for s reason... Yes , he was way over the top- like puke me- but... But did yall know Srahn Brightmnan did those songs... Melted me away!! She is one hot pop to classical success story!!!

Edited by MINDSCI