Am I Retarded?

tkrow21

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a set of scull candy ear buds, and they have a similar design, and everyone I have talked to with them has the same problem. They just seem to work themselves loose no matter how hard you push them into your ear. The only thing you can do (without the use of adhesives) is to just press them back in when you feel them coming loose.

Edited by Savan

I suppose there are two different types...

Earbud vs. in ear, some are designed to go in the ear and are usually higher quality (in ear headphones) and some are one size fits all and merely set (poorly) on the ear canal (earbud style)

Earbud vs. in ear, some are designed to go in the ear and are usually higher quality (in ear headphones) and some are one size fits all and merely set (poorly) on the ear canal (earbud style)

Basically the difference between iPod earphones and Zune earphones.

If you cant find earbuds that will fit, putting them in cold peanut butter will shrink the rubber and warm peanut butter will expand it. Stick them in the peanut butter and while the cold/warm peanut butter is still on the earbud put them in your ear. Keep them in until the peanut butter cools to room temperature. You should now have earbuds that are form fitted to your ears. Try it!

I wish I could get a pair of those but the damn buggers won't make a version for i607 BlackJack but of course they do for the i617 BlackJack II.... Time for some modding I think...

Edited by Compxpert

If you cant find earbuds that will fit, putting them in cold peanut butter will shrink the rubber and warm peanut butter will expand it. Stick them in the peanut butter and while the cold/warm peanut butter is still on the earbud put them in your ear. Keep them in until the peanut butter cools to room temperature. You should now have earbuds that are form fitted to your ears. Try it!

:lol:

I wish I could get a pair of those but the damn buggers won't make a version for i607 BlackJack but of course they do for the i617 BlackJack II.... Time for some modding I think...

I know on scullcandy's website, the offer custom modded headphones for proprietary headphone jacks.

i don't follow you at all...

all in ear/earbuds go in the ear canal, you can't get any furthur into your ear than that!

ear2.jpg

Some have a nipple like protrusion (often with a silicone or other material form fitting piece) that actually gets inserted into the ear (in ear headphones) and some are just mildly domed round pieces of plastic that barely sets into the ear....

Some have a nipple like protrusion (often with a silicone or other material form fitting piece) that actually gets inserted into the ear (in ear headphones) and some are just mildly domed round pieces of plastic that barely sets into the ear....

ahh i getcha, just been confusing hearing people call those old style headphones "earbuds" all of a sudden, when before people just called them earphones or whatever. not surprisingly the first time i heard the term was when the ipod came out and people were talking about them as if they had just been invented.

stupid marketing mumbo jumbo.