Would This Help?

FastSS

I had my side off my case the otehr day, and when I toutch the back, pretty much directly behind the processor, it was pretty warm, almsot too hot for hte back of my hand.

Would cutting a hole there and in the side panel for a fan help cool everything? or a waste of time?

on a side note, whats a good basic fan controler that will automatical speed up the fans once it gets to a set temp?

Having a fan blowing on the back of the motherboard isn't a very good idea because it will cause you to get inaccurate temperature readings. (the fan will simply cool down the thermal probe, not the processor)

The ALD-V02 Aerogate II Thermal Controller is a nice fan controller. They have it at Compusa. Not exactly "basic," but it is awesome.

Some guys have done this and had very good success with it. You'll have to cut not only the case, but the mobo tray as well, which could be a PITA. I would look into other ways of cooling though, there's tons of other ways to get your system cooler.

I dont see any specs but isn't this kinda funny that your case cover "in the back of your mobo is as you say pretty warm? if it's like a regular case you should have some spacers a mobo rack and finally the case cover. i really wonder how hot your mobo is to transfer that heat to the cover :O

So your CPU must be "REALLY" hot

I've seen a pentium4 with that same problem but the HS was almost a solid block of dust. i'm not very familiar with pentiums but it dosn't seem right that(if you have a pent.) you can feel the heat trough the back pannel <_<

I dont see any specs but isn't this kinda funny that your case cover "in the back of your mobo is as you say pretty warm? if it's like a regular case you should have some spacers a mobo rack and finally the case cover. i really wonder how hot your mobo is to transfer that heat to the cover :O

So your CPU must be "REALLY" hot

I've seen a pentium4 with that same problem but the HS was almost a solid block of dust. i'm not very familiar with pentiums but it dosn't seem right that(if you have a pent.) you can feel the heat trough the back pannel <_<

I mean, when i had to sides off, there is a mobo rack as you call it, thats where the mobo mounts right? well i toutched it and it warm, and hte back of the board it self is hot.

does that make more sence?

:D Yeah, that's 1 layer of steel ans 1/2 an inch of air space less but still you may want to upgrade your cooler if your temps (on the probe)are too high :)

It's still normal that a little heat goes out somewhere no need to be worried just check your temps.

Edited by kobalt

how hot is hot

try to keep your hand at a plate of steel with a temp of 45*C

you will think you will burn your hand!! but it is only 45*C!!!!

the same with your hs hold a finger on it while cpu is at idle

it is damm hot while it is only 35-45*C

ever walked on the beach in the summer

the sand was burning your feet? well it isnt that hot i tell you

and by putting a fan at the back blowing air on your mobo will cool down your mobo but also your temp probes so you never now how hot the cpu die realy is