Wire Sleeving

asus

First i have been to many websites... about wire sleeving... there is a paticularly good one on some kinda website grauntton.. babalab webpage... its good but.. first, i have a moltex pin extractor that does not work.. how do you get them out by hand.. i can do it.!! Also.. its not hetshrink, because i wanted uv kind.. so any body got some good detail mod's on PSU sleeving they woul like to share.. pics would be nice to!

ok i dont have any pics but i can give you some tips on the molex. if you look closely all it is is a pin with hook like thingys on the end. thin of a fish hook, where it goes in and the barb keeps it from coming out. well in this case you can use some needle nose pliers to get at the end and push the barbs in so it can slide out. im not sure how clear this is but good luck and if you need any better descriptions pm me.

Ok.. i see the doodads on eather side of the pin.. but i have been unable to push them in with needle.. pin.. spliner :P and ect... i cant get the pins to come out... then i am woried about the moltex connecters that have... well.. the 2 wires.. the ones in the middle. I dont know if they will be harder to take of or put back on.. How should i go about sealing off the uv sleeving... with a peace of heatshrink tubing or mabe some of thoes plastic pull things that get tight.. dont know what they are called but.. :), so i need more help. Thanks B)

This might help somewhat mektu

How should i go about sealing off the uv sleeving... with a peace of heatshrink tubing or mabe some of thoes plastic pull things that get tight.. dont know what they are called but

You could use the heatshrink tubing (PITA), some inuslator tape EASY (black tape) or those "plastic pull things" NOT AS INCONSPIQUOUS are cable ties, zip ties :P

Ok.. i see the doodads on eather side of the pin.. but i have been unable to push them in with needle.. pin.. spliner :P and ect... i cant get the pins to come out... then i am woried about the moltex connecters that have... well.. the 2 wires.. the ones in the middle. I dont know if they will be harder to take of or put back on.. How should i go about sealing off the uv sleeving... with a peace of heatshrink tubing or mabe some of thoes plastic pull things that get tight.. dont know what they are called but.. :), so i need more help. Thanks B)

lets see, the ones with two wires will be slightly harder because there is more in there; and you still have to go in there to pinch and take them out

for this project you will definetly need needle nose pliers, ones that will fit in the tiny space. im guessing that your unable to pull them out because they have 4 barbs, not 2 which means you can only push down two with your pliers... if this is the case try just cramming anthing else in there to push the other two. the only time you'll damage something is if pull to hard trying to take something off <_< so dont do that lol, other than that good luck!

major problem... i cant get my wire sleeving over the wires :angry: only 1/8in sleeving.. but i took the moltex connecters off.. and taped them.. then the large 20 somthin pin power cable.. well i cant get any of thoes out eather.. i have 1/2 in for that!! I tried staples and pins.. very thin?? help

thanks

asus