OCC Ex-Folding Members

paulktreg

Looking through the top 200 OCC member folding charts there are lots of names that I recognise as currently active OCC members. You know who you are. Why have you stopped folding?

I know I am folding noob but running the CPU client causes me no problems at all and I can even run the GPU client most of the time without any real loss in performance. What are your reasons for stopping?

Cheers

Paul

my folding rig runs 24/7 and since the daughter dude finished her finals she is home using the workhorse for her research whilst i have decided that in the interest of saving energy it's more sensible to shut my gamer off while i'm at work... B:)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't run it on any of my computers, but it runs 24/7 on my PS3.

Oh and what a thoughful comment battery <_<

I'm pretty sure you don't care about anything. Just wait one day man one day....

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

Ahhh Comments from the young crowd. THere will come a time when you do care! Usually when something happens to a close friend or family member.

Has folding ever really helped anyone? Who knows, maybe the CO2 released from folding alot will kill more people than it helps! :foldon:

I would still do it, but when my computer is on during the day I'm using it for heavy gaming and other things, and at night I turn it off because its in my room and is noisy even with all my stuff hooked up to fan controllers, plus I save electricity.

However I've been thinking of getting back into it. When I did do it, it was for only a short while but I did do it for a bit.

I stopped folding when I didn't have school paying for my electric bill anymore

Aye. I fold here in the dorms but I doubt I'll do it when I go home during the summer. They would probably notice a connection between the time of my return and that their electric bill has doubled, so I just won't do it.

Has folding ever really helped anyone? Who knows, maybe the CO2 released from folding alot will kill more people than it helps! :foldon:

I would say just the unnecessary lights on in one major city does more harm than all the folders in the world...

I stopped folding because

1. I can't get the F@H SMP to work on vista.

2. The cost of electricity.

3. Running the computer all the time causes a lot of dust to build up in the case and I have to clean it up all the time.

4. Running the GPU client means I have to run the GPU fan on a higher speed which causes it to ware out faster.

5. Running the computer all the time causes the case fans to ware out faster.

6. Running the computer all the time causes the hard drives to ware out faster.

7. I don't have to money to replace worn out parts like I use to.

my statement was very well thought out and concise, but i'll go ahead and elaborate. with the rising cost of living and the lack of evidence that folding has bettered anyone's life i find it a bit silly to waste electricity on something that maybe doing nothing. its not that i don't care about cancer patients, i've had several in my family including my mother, its that i don't care about folding.