Help Me Think Of Excuses

Vampire

dad wants me to get it... he just doesnt wanna pay for it. lol

I got the case and PSU for christmas simply because I dont have another... and if I use an IBM case for good components... I'd kill myself.

I'm hoping by the time I have enough money technology will have got better and then I can get something better for the original cost that I planned out. *hopes 9800XT's will go down to $200*

:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a job, earn some money, buy what ever you want.

Don't you hate to be the slave of your parent's money?

What tarkins said sounds good to me (I have 4 sons).

But if all else fails, LIE! :lol:

Tell them that you'll clean your room and wash the dishes after supper, or some other horse-pucky like that. Us parents love to hear crap like that. :lol:

I'm sorry if it's of no help, but that's about the best I can do for you. :lol:

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

lol print out a fake lotto card make it look like you one 5million dollars and tell them they wont get any since they didnt give you money but say chances are still open :rolleyes:

ooh! i know!!!!! i know!!! i have the same problem!!! only.. my parents are crazy! but crazy people are cool so no problem there...

first, if oyu are in the USA you can say that your parents made money off you bec bush raised the tax refuld for each kid, thats how i am getting mine, through that money

and my paretns are alwalys saying that i need to write this program or fix this for them... and they are alwalys talking to me about how i need pratice for my future carrear (that they have now acceped will be with computers) and are alwalys telling me a story about a guy who works for *COMPANY NAME REMOVED SO I DONT GET IN TROUBLE* (it is a pig company.. let me just say... *coughps2cough*who they know, and he got the job with *COMPANY NAME REMOVED BLAH BLAH* because he was hacking into their systems at 12 years old, they recodnised him and gave him a job when they could and stuff...

then they ground me and say ineed to work on school (As and Bs arent that bad!!!) because otherwise i wont have a future... so i dunno, but now i have them kinda convinced and stuff.. so im getting my new comp soon...

also getting an A on my math final helped convince them (i tink i even got away with adding p-r-o to the end of the ati radeon 9800 i wanted...)

but i havent built it yet so they alwalys could back out...

tell them that you have to be able to work with computers to get a job with them... use an analogy... what do ur parents do? il think of a way to use those to convince them...

Do what I did for my 1.0 celeron. Say you need a better computer that will run better operating systems (this was a month before xp was out to the gerneral public, but came on many prebuilt computers) for school. Luckily I was in a computer technologist course. Offer to let them buy it as a holiday or birthday present and offer to pay as much as you can afford. I think i ended up paying for about half of the complete system.

I had said I needed it for paperwork and just a personal computer to play with so I can learn more, and a few newer games. And I did, 90% was research and studying and thesis stuff.

When I graduated, I sold it to my brother for $200 minus the monitor, set myself a $1000 budjet and bought what I have now.

lol print out a fake lotto card make it look like you one 5million dollars and tell them they wont get any since they didnt give you money but say chances are still open :rolleyes:

haha, then I could get in the... poo with them AND the police... "my son has won 5 million dollars and he is undersage and saying he isnt giving us any!!!" hehe.

Uhh well I think I pretty much got it sorted now... I work all through the holidays, I should end up with about $700 AU, then I work saturdays for a while, then its my birthday in feb (19" flat CRT monitor :D takes a whole lot of expense off the system) then when dad sees I have about $1000 saved, with a monitor, case and PSU already bought, he will pay the extra $700 I need. Thats my plan wish me luck. :D

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

crap you could probly make a nice water cooled p4 2.8ghz system(but i dont know that canadian money :P)

crap you could probly make a nice water cooled p4 2.8ghz system(but i dont know that canadian money :P)

Australian money.... the way I roughly work it out to be equal to american $ is to double the AU$ then take a bit away from it, so say I think $100 US = ~$180 AU

Too bad your parents aren't like mine. I am also 15 and my dad helped me out in buying alot of the parts for my computer. His reasoning was "everyone has their thing". If that reasoning doesn't work for them, I don't know what else you can do, besides try and earn the cash for it, which if you're in a state like mine (no availble jobs where you live) will be quite hard.