Help Me Think Of Excuses

Vampire

Well i guess it also depends what kind of ppl your parents are..

If they are the kind that appreciate hard work and commitment, then getting a job will surely impress them, and lead them to reward you. If their like my parents, (which pay me to keep unemplyed, then have fun overclocking your CPU"

Imposter! Im the real general! lol anyways dude I had the same problem with my dad. he didnt understand why i needed a better computer then my 900mhz cellery. So then I just went behind his back and built it anyways. To this date I dont think he know I have it. hehee. Anyways dude GET A JOB. dont wana sound harsh but its a reality. you need a job to have nice things. your parents arnt gunna buy it for you. you gotta buy it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

well if there nit technicly inclined overclock it as far as you can then launch word and say your gonna work on your paper or somthing and pop the cpu cooler off wait till its burned then replace it. restart and complain that its not working and you can finish your work. have them take it to a computer repair place and bribe the guy to say somthing else besides the cpu is fried like this is an old type of motherboard that common fries the chipset and takes everything with it and have him say the newest computers are totally and completely safe from this happening and if they get you another piece of crap at a yard sale or somthing then get a job :unsure:

tell them it will keep you off drugs

haha

I am trying desperately to get a job, I am going soon today to see if a position is availible at a local computer shop (I am trying to get a job here for a number of reasons, in the future it may be good to go in a resume and also they sometimes give "gifts" to their workers if they have been working hard, and their gifts are exactly what I need, computer parts.) Even if I get this job I wont be able to afford a new computer but I am hoping dad will see my committment and how much I want it and help me out.

btw I dont want to fry this computer :P I still use it for the net, SOME games (radeon 9000 pro :( ) and chat.

That sucks man , i've been through that. I dont get it either....they upgraded my sisters ( some time ago when she had a 133) to a 1.7 which was fast at the time and all she does is play My MS-DOS barbie ! and im stuck with a 900! I've had this POS for about 5 years and can't support any new games. (32mb vid card ><)

Well im a graphic designer so i used the old.....i can't further my skills unless i have the most up to date computer excuse

but its true really....i just didnt say anything about wanting to run HL-2 :P

I have a job though and that REALLY helps. So good luck on finding a job :) that will help out a bunch

keep us posted

Edited by music

Well, they might be avoiding a discussion concerning new PC parts because they might not be able to afford it. This was a problem I had and I needed a new PC big time. My first PC that wasn't a family one was an AMD T-bird 1.1GHz CPU with a SiS AGP 4x card. That is a really low-end system.....a 32MB nVidia PCI card I had outperformed the SiS card in many areas....I just kept stressing that since I was in college I would need a faster computer that was more reliable then our 533MHz Celeron system we had. I also said that I would be spending lots of time on it because of programming and I would need a fast PC to handle the compiling.

I was also lucky though as I got a 30GB HDD, CD-RW drive, and floppy drive for $10 for a yard sale (different story) so I was able to save a good bit of money on the building costs.

Don't waste money on PC mods like case mods. Buying excessive accessories will definitely make your parents more resistant to your electronic demands. It shows that you may want the computer for other reasons then the ones you are stating or implying. I know I would be suspicious if I had a kid that just bought a $100 case and then asked for the rest of the sturff for Christmas I would tell him "You shoulda spent the $100 on the parts you needed." Don't be excessive in your computer purchases.....It's ok as I am sure as we all have a problem with excessive computer needs.....we are more higher maintenance then our PCs!

Guest Ballz2TheWallz
:bah: thats what we stand for at OCC how dare you turn down the calling of mods he can just say it was on sale cheaper than the non modded cases