Good grades = car

Onion

3.5 in high school I assume?

Why post a thread like this and not give us a budget? :P There's no way in hell you should get something "powerful" with a manual tranny as your first car; you'll end up wrecking it.

Edited by Thewacokid

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all you people who think kids need crap cars, all I can say is: :rolleyes:

None of my close friends in high school wrecked their cars or even damaged them in any significant way. Kids are not bad drivers (at least not by default). SOME kids can handle cars just fine from the day they get their license. LP, on the other hand.... Who knows? :unsure:

Basically, I made a bet with my dad that if my overall GPA at school is over 3.5, he buys me a car. I know that if I do my work for the rest of the school year I can easily obtain a 3.5 unweighted. What car should I ask for? :lol: I'm looking for a something powerful, and a manual transmission.

i carry a 4.0 and what i get is personal satisfaction (and a good education)...!!....and considering the state of the planet wouldn't it be prudent to go electric or at least hybrid......?? B:)

I think it's better to not be given a brand new car as your first. When you have to work for it you appreciate it more. By work I mean actually working and not good grades. You should be trying to get good grades anyways. My first was a 77 4x4 Chevy that my dad gave me. Once I was able to buy my own for $500 I gave the truck back. That $500 76 Monte Carlo handled my abuse for a good 3 years lol.

I think a first car should be a junker because people will appreciate nice cars that much more when they can actually buy one themselves. :)

I think a first car should be a junker because people will appreciate nice cars that much more when they can actually buy one themselves. :)

amen to that brother...!!

....make a deal with dad...hahaha

I think it's better to not be given a brand new car as your first. When you have to work for it you appreciate it more. By work I mean actually working and not good grades. You should be trying to get good grades anyways. My first was a 77 4x4 Chevy that my dad gave me. Once I was able to buy my own for $500 I gave the truck back. That $500 76 Monte Carlo handled my abuse for a good 3 years lol.

These are fair points, and I wouldn't really argue. I was merely combating the posts saying "you WILL wreck it", or the like. The stereotype that no young kid could possibly drive a car without killing it is simply weak. I knew plenty of kids that drove better at 16 than their parents did. Bad drivers come in all shapes, sizes, and AGES.

I agree if you must have a car bought buy you pay for at least half of it or ask for a junker, if you are paying entirely for your first car go all out if you want...

Why the name change Waco?