stereotypes

flareback

I'm wondering what some of the crazy stereotypes you've encountered.

My wife is from Texas and she came home the other day and said her boss asked if people in Texas carried guns. She said "yeah, some carry concealed weapons". To which her boss replied in all seriousness, "They don't carry them in holsters on their hip?". He's not known for his brilliance but come on.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very simply, all germans are nazis... I encounter that one very often!

Another one, when the talk comes of the second world war / german weaponry / Hitler, I keep arguing that Hitler started out good for the people (brought the economy from 0 to 100 in a couple of years, gave all the people work etc... we don't need to discuss what happened after that), which immediately puts me into the nazi drawer. German weaponry back then was also ahead of it's time... V2/V3 rockets anyone? Where do y'all recon the US / Russian space programs came from? Right, the two engineers who built the V2 rockets! One got taken by the Russians, the other by the Americas.

The stereotype that women in giant sunglasses are stupid, is absolutely true. Whenever you see a car weaving about, it's usually some bimbo wearing giant sunglasses, trying to do seventy billion things in the car, and driving isn't the primary task.

Very simply, all germans are nazis... I encounter that one very often!

Another one, when the talk comes of the second world war / german weaponry / Hitler, I keep arguing that Hitler started out good for the people (brought the economy from 0 to 100 in a couple of years, gave all the people work etc... we don't need to discuss what happened after that), which immediately puts me into the nazi drawer. German weaponry back then was also ahead of it's time... V2/V3 rockets anyone? Where do y'all recon the US / Russian space programs came from? Right, the two engineers who built the V2 rockets! One got taken by the Russians, the other by the Americas.

wow people still think all germans are nazis? I've heard there's some law about the swastika being illegal in Germany, is that true?

I get the one that all french give up on everything, the one that all jews are mad rich (partly true, most jews are rich), and that africans have to be black.

wow people still think all germans are nazis? I've heard there's some law about the swastika being illegal in Germany, is that true?

Oh...oops. :lol:

All Vermonters practically swim in Maple Syrup and we all own cows...

Another stereotype that I hate is that all non asian/european dark skinned people are so called "African Americans".

AGREED

So many people advocate that we must judge people by everything they've done yet we take the outliers and just toss them out.

Hitler was a horrible, horrible person in many, many ways and yet (albeit through brute force) his regime (overlooking the obvious) was one of the most advanced scientifically that we know of to date

A lot of stuff came from the German science force after WWII as king said.

There are conspirators who say that 3/4 of what those German scientists discovered or were working on was never recovered and that we still haven't discovered where most of it went.

Unfinished/unreleasable plans/designs/prototypes from time travel to EXTREMELY advanced weapons to cures for diseases to highly advanced space travel...

heh...I'm Polish.

legend has it that I'm too stupid to remember to breath and have my heart beat at the same time.

:lol:

How do you get a one armed polack (or to be more correct Pole) out of a tree?

:P

I'm not black but I've heard these before:

"All black people like kool aid"

I don't really know if that's true or not lol....

Oh and the most people to get in car accidents are Asian's cause they have slanted eyes.

There's also the one that asians have small penises, black people love chicken, and black people love watermelon. I'm part african and I love chicken wings (not kfc crap, but the nice flannigans stuff is where its at) and I freaking love watermelon when it's really hot outside. Italians also love watermelon, and my great-grandmother is italian so that might be it also lol.