Sign in to follow this  
pghguins

old hp restore

so I'm working on getting a pc working for my dad to use. I was given an hp pavilion xt963 its pretty weak in hardware but he only needs something to browse the web with. I loaded up xubuntu onto it and it was working decently until I decided to clean it out with a can of air...

the fan and the heat sink were just caked with dust and being that the case is pretty cramped i decided to take the motherboad out to get access to it. This went decently, however when I put everything back together and started it up... nothing, no post, no beeps, just a quick flash of the screen

the fans are all running... i'm not sure where to go from here, i've disconnected all the wires and memory again but still the same result... any ideas?

thanks

i tried both. still no luck.. i've removed the motherboard from the case and set it on a piece of cardboard and disconnected everything and connected only what i this is needed, 1 stick of memory, power, ps power, vga, power switch, and cpu fan so it should tell me that it can't find a hard drive connected but i still can't get anything to show up. i followed this up by removing the battery and to rest it. but with the same result...

could the motherboard or cpu just have been damaged or gone bad by me handling it?