Empire: Total War

LoArmistead

I have a couple questions for you fellow ETW players. Do any of you have a quad core processor, and how fast is it running? Like, time one of your turns, or run a large scale battle at 4x and see your framerate. I ask because I think this game is fairly CPU limited (just a hunch), and I'm wondering what kind of performance increases can be found from a quad core (or an 8 logical core) system.

The game engine is definitely the most demanding of any RTS out there, and as far as I know the game is not multi-threaded (which I see as a MAJOR flaw given how demanding it is). I don't see much performance boost, if any, out of a quad core.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its not multi threaded then they're retarded, the 2nd logo screen on startup is "Runs Great on Intel Core i7"

I'm sure it does run great on i7... just as great as it does on my E6600 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the updates for Empire Total war and it still crashes and freezes up, when eva i go near my fleets, I love the game but, sick of crashes, i HAVE TRYED EVERY THIG FROM INSTALLING NEW DRIVERS TO COMPLETE SYSTEM FORMAT AND REINSTALLING WINDOWS, can any one PLEASE help .

It's the game itself. Though the past patches seem to have fixed most of my crashing issues. The only crash I occasionally get is one about video memory, but other than that the game seems to be running fine now. I was getting some system freezes, but upping the fan speed on my video card seems to have solved all of those...

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoy the TW series, I play Medieval II still.

Looks like Empire is worth buying now as the bugs are/have been squished.

Thanks for the heads up Lo, I'll tell the game developers you deserve an "atta boy" for promoting it. ;)