Serious computer problem after an overclock went wrong

its' funny say quads are useless in gaming but in fact most games of 2008/9 use more than 2 threads.

i saw a good gain going from 3.8ghz duo to 2.4ghz quad in crysis and same goes for alot of other games.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its' funny say quads are useless in gaming but in fact most games of 2008/9 use more than 2 threads.

i saw a good gain going from 3.8ghz duo to 2.4ghz quad in crysis and same goes for alot of other games.

Even for games that use only two threads, quad-core can still be an improvement. If you have a dual-core, and the game maxes out both cores, the entire system will slow down, and the frame rate will drop and sound will skip and et cetera. But if you have a quad-core, even if the game maxes out 2 of the cores, you've still got another whole two cores to manage the rest of the computer's operations. No slow downs!

• 4 months later...

i have my e4500 and its going at 2.92mhz asus p5gc-mx 1333 3gb ram 160gb hdd stock cooling, at the momemnt fsb set at 265, temps are at max 62celcius idle at 41c! no attempts to change vcore at the moment! hope you can relate to this! and give me also some advise whether to change any settings.

Edited by wanted21