Queenz

Bank of America (Worse Customer Service Ever)

So here goes:

I make a payment last week using my checking account. I don't keep money in my checking but keep all my money in my savings account cause I use my checking account to only pay bills. Anyways I pay my cell phone bill online last week and failed to put the right amount in my checkings and get over drawn by 28 cents when my cell phone bill charges me on my checkings account. I never over draw from my account so this is a first. They charged me a $35 overdraft fee, which I think this is ridiculous. Anyways long story short I call Bank of America and explain the problem and the customer service rep refuses to drop the fee on my account so I ask to speak to a Supervisor.

I then wait on the phone for about an hour and 20 minutes for the Supervisor to pick up. Finally she answers, and she already knows the problem cause the rep explained it to her. Instead of saying Hi, How is your day?, I get "Yes this is Becky I'm the supervisor from Bank of America we can not help you with this situation cause it's your fault it happened". This is before she lets me even talk. After telling me she won't help, I start to get a little aggrivated but still keep my cool. I explained to her how it's ridiculous that I get charged $35 just for not having an extra 28 cents in my account :rolleyes:. She then replies this is our policy and I can not help you here. I explained to her that when I use to have my chase account they would alert people if they overdraw which they do cause my cousin has one, and they were willing to remove his overdraft fee. She then replies saying, "Sir I'm going to tell you one more time this is our policy and if you want I can close your account to prevent future overdraft fees and you can do your business with Chase if that's your prefered choice. I then reply" I'll pay the overdraft fee on monday when I go to the bank, and then close up my account because you guys could care less about me. She then tells me to have a nice day and hangs up.

Anyways my conclusion to this is to avoid Bank of America. This is exactly why I try to avoid customer service unless I really need to speak to them. Last time I was on the phone with them was when I opened the account haaaa. Okay some may think well it's just $35 pay it off and go on with your day. Well it's not that simple. First off $35 is still $35. That money could pay a part of my cell phone bill for next month. I worked for that money. What's it come to now a days? No one cares about the customer no more. Usually a place is trying to pull you in and suck your cock for your business. Things must be backwards today. Then they have the nerve to have a woman call my house and ask me how was my last customer service phone conversation and to take a survey. Let's not go there......

I think most of us have known to avoid BoA for quite some time now

And another ranting? Really? You should seriously get yourself a blog, you always seem to have so much to complain about.

And another ranting? Really? You should seriously get yourself a blog, you always seem to have so much to complain about.

I never knew Bank of America was like this. I should of asked before signing up. Are these the people I really want to trust with my weekly checks?

It's not that customer service sucks persay, but more that you don't read. You know that little contract you signed when you opened the account? Yeah, all the stuff pertaining to overdrafts and the associated fees was in that. You agreed to pay $35 if you overdrafted. In fact, for them to waive the fee for you, they would actually be violating the contract. No sympathy here.

:withstupid:

Opt out of overdraft protection. Problem solved.

NOOBS! Just get out and get a new account with a small regional bank. At least next time they piss you off you can personally stop by and beat their teeth out! He He! BTW: I

It's not that customer service sucks persay, but more that you don't read. You know that little contract you signed when you opened the account? Yeah, all the stuff pertaining to overdrafts and the associated fees was in that. You agreed to pay $35 if you overdrafted. In fact, for them to waive the fee for you, they would actually be violating the contract. No sympathy here.

I think that is your problem you didn't read the contract. I remember when I signed up at BoA the banker told me to carefully read the fine print and advised me to look at penalties and monthly maintenance fee's before I signed up for anything.

So far I haven't had any problems with my BoA accounts. I use the bank because I like the fact that they have branches ever ware (which is nice because I travel a lot). Also because they have a pretty good online banking setup compared to other banks and they have very advance ATM machines which can take checks and cash and deposit them into your account which is much quicker then standing in line for a half an hour. It's a nice bank if you just use them as a safe place to keep your cash or for paying bills but I wouldn't open up any accounts for investment purposes because the interest rate on there savings, checking, CDs, and Money Market accounts is terrible.

"I was overdrawn on my checking account"

"BoA charged me for it"

"WAHHHH"

The End

of course it pays to keep a little extra $$ in for a slush fund and such but B of A does suck anyway...i fired their as**s about 9 years ago when i realized what was going on...ok there's my rant...cya ....cj ...!! :D

Opt out of overdraft protection. Problem solved.

It doesn't sound like he had overdraft protection. I have it at Fifth Third and if I should happen to overdraft, they will auto-transfer from savings to cover the amount. Of course they charge a $6 fee for doing so . . .

The thing that really annoys me is that I specifically requested that Fifth Third should decline any transactions made if there wasn't sufficient funds in my checking and they absolutely refused to do that, citing it as a conveinience that they would cover an overdraft and charge me a massive fee for doing so. :rolleyes: So I opted for the protection.

Simple, dont right a check you dont have sufficient funds for, problem solved...

That is called the embarrassment tax. You can either get embarrassed at the bank or with the people that you pay your bills to. Would you rather have bounced the check or have it paid and pay the ....."Tax".......