Is your girlfiriend/significant other into computers?

Crow47

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only had one girlfriend so far who's into computers, and they seem to be a rare breed. If your gf/wife/significant other is into computers, where'd you meet? Was it during something related to computers and technology? I just kinda want to get an idea on my chances of ever meeting another one who's into that sort of thing lol :)

And by all means, only post if you feel comfortable doing so.

"No" the missus doesn't get it...she doesn't understand why it's so important for me to have a powerful personal computer...she thinks as long as a person can browse the web, shop online and write emails or the occasional word doc then they should be happy...i tactfully remind her that this is my hobby and unlike her i'm not satisfied by touching every single item in every store in the city...my satisfaction takes a different form but overall she's very tolerant of me...her rinky dink dell is good enough for her... :rolleyes:

No way! My gf can't use a computer to save her life...

My mom can't either... And the hospital she works at just switched to paperless :lol: Thankfully, she's ONLY a respiratory therapist and not trying to save lives, lol.

Since no one else has i will say YES...sorta...

My wife and I met on the PC back about 8 years ago on dating.com as we were both single (I was divorced and BORED). She must have had some PC experience as she was on the PC right...?

Well long story short...after 6 months we met and after another couple years we married again that was 8 years ago...

I wouldnt say she's a PC geek or anything but she does do pretty well on the PC...she's better at the software side of things and like Kash said...as long as it turns on and does what she wants she has no clue how it works or whats in it...she makes me take care of that...

She does a darn good job of doing all the little task I dont like doing...making and designing banners and cards for all occasions...as with most other girls she does like spending time in making things look nice graphically...so I always bug her to do those things...

Sha can do task like backing up our DVDs when we buy them...especially the kids ones that you dont want to replace every week just because it's been played 9,000,000,000,000 times in a single week...

After all that I did build us a simple media server I keep all out back ups on from video and audio as well as our PC back ups for our personal needs...8 PCs does tend to need to be backed up often to keep those things we hate to lose...

Anyhow once I got the server up and running I have shown her how to access it via remote desktop from any PC in the house (although i had to set it up...lol) she does all the up keep on that...she even made a comment one day on how nice it was not having to load disk all the time everytime the children wanted to watch something...it became just point and click....

Anything i do to make her life easier often comes with a reward for me...so I am all for showing her how to do things and she learns rather fast....

She is one of those people who likes to spend time on Myspace with all those goofy add-ons like Mobsters and drink club or whatever it is...

but also she always gets my Hand-Me-Down PC and she uses it for gaming...yes boys I said it gaming...

We do spend time together playing games with either just the two of us or with the guys in our little gaming clan...

She's played games like Spore, Titan Quest Immortal Throne and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and some others...

There is a trick to getting a girl to playing a game...start them out slow and most important LET THEM WIN...no one likes to be spawn camped and especially girls wont play if you hog the wins or you kill them all the time...I dont really care for 1st person shooters but I do play them...and when we play she does do rather well...

tech-girls are only to be found in game/online or at school. you have a better chance of winning the lottery than meeting a techy girl at random. this girl and this girl both are somewhat techy, hot, and play css. too bad they're in canada.